Friday, May 12, 2017

5 Updates

Happy Friday!  Today is 5 updates since things are finally settling after moving in to my new address a month ago.  Things are coming together!

1) Today I'm doing something brand new to me, and working from home.  Today is the BIG campus graduation at CU, and with traffic getting in to Boulder, and traffic in Boulder, the university was actually encouraging staff members to work from home if we didn't need to be on campus today.  Since most of the hotels around Boulder are in my area, I took them up on that offer.  I need to set up a work station so Allie doesn't snuggle.  Case in point, I'm writing this on my couch, with Allie sprawled on top of me, purring very loudly.

2) I got my driver's license updated, and it took about 15 minutes.  This DMV location was in a sketchy indoor strip mall, but it was easy to transfer my license, and I registered to vote.  I couldn't really smile in my picture since Colorado said you can smile, but you can't show any teeth.  OK then.


3) Since I took Tuesday off, I got in a very good 5-mile run before the wet stuff started falling.  We've gotten a bit of moisture this week, but it's made everything green.  It was a little humid out, since my arms were sweating, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.  Now I've had two runs at 5 miles or a little bit more, and I'm in a much better place than I was before my 10k last year.  I only hope I can have a good race day.


4) I got my third Stitch Fix box yesterday, and I'm keeping two pieces.  Seems like my thing.  I've kept two pieces from each box.  I kept two dresses since we're warming up to summer.  I have a bridal shower for my cousin and his fiancee this summer, and I got a great dress for that, and then I kept a maxi dress.  I've never had a maxi dress before.

5)  I tried the shorts I got with the Skechers loot, and I'm sorry to Skechers, but I didn't like them.  They're a little too big, so they bunch in the crotch.  I find it odd that are big since they're a medium, and I wear that size.  The capris I got are a medium, and they fit great.  The shorts also don't have the mesh lining, so I felt at any moment I might show something, even though I was at home and certainly not in public.  So that's a no.  Sorry, I tried to like them.

 
Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

20 comments:

  1. That is so weird about the toothless smile for your Colorado license. I wonder why they came up with that rule?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, and it's new. My parents moved here 3 years ago and they could smile.

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem when I work from home, or on my laptop for any reason. The old lady wants to be on my lap. She is not OK to just sit right next to me, she wants the lap and will walk all over the laptop to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie turned out to be OK for the most part, but she did want attention during the lunch.

      Delete
  3. Well I have never heard of getting in and out of the DMV in 15 min!! That place is a total zoo I'd call that a win for sure. Enjoy working at home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked! I came prepared with my Kindle, even with a scheduled appointment.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness you can smile but not show teeth? Haha that picture made me laugh! Love that dress from your stitch fix box! Yay for working from home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only thing I could think of. I cannot smile without show teeth, so I just stood there.

      Delete
  5. It is physically impossible for me not to smile with my mouth closed...it's just not natural, lol!

    Glad settling in is continuing to go well, and yay to increasing your mileage! Too bad about those running shorts...some brands just don't fit as well as others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a solid material, but it's just not for me.

      Delete
  6. That dress is super cute! Perfect for Spring! I have to renew my licence this year as well. I hope it only take 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you do it online, or do you have to go in? Thankfully I was able to renew online in Texas.

      Delete
  7. That's a super cute dress.

    We aren't allowed to smile in Ohio, either. What's UP with that?! I did anyway... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of looks like I'm smirking, but I didn't know what else to do.

      Delete
  8. That dress is really pretty! :) I bet you look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fits awesome, and so does the maxi dress. I love dresses in the summer, so I kept both.

      Delete
  9. I've found that with a few Skechers clothing items. Also, isn't working from home the best?! I find that I'm so much more productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a lot done, and I didn't have the distractions that I do in the office.

      Delete
  10. LOVE the dress!

    My husband works from home from time to time. He uses headphones if he's on a conference call -- you never know what will set off a dog barking. I really doubt they'd be able to pick up on purring!

    So jealous that it was so easy to transfer your license. It really was a nightmare here, involving multiple trips, you'd think you'd have all your ducks in a row and then on the next trip they'd tell you something else! And we had to take the written test again, although wasn't too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A written test? I haven't done that, or the road test, in 16 years!

      Delete