Happy Friday! Today is 5 updates since things are finally settling after moving in to my new address a month ago. Things are coming together!
1) Today I'm doing something brand new to me, and working from home. Today is the BIG campus graduation at CU, and with traffic getting in to Boulder, and traffic in Boulder, the university was actually encouraging staff members to work from home if we didn't need to be on campus today. Since most of the hotels around Boulder are in my area, I took them up on that offer. I need to set up a work station so Allie doesn't snuggle. Case in point, I'm writing this on my couch, with Allie sprawled on top of me, purring very loudly.
2) I got my driver's license updated, and it took about 15 minutes. This DMV location was in a sketchy indoor strip mall, but it was easy to transfer my license, and I registered to vote. I couldn't really smile in my picture since Colorado said you can smile, but you can't show any teeth. OK then.
3) Since I took Tuesday off, I got in a very good 5-mile run before the wet stuff started falling. We've gotten a bit of moisture this week, but it's made everything green. It was a little humid out, since my arms were sweating, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Now I've had two runs at 5 miles or a little bit more, and I'm in a much better place than I was before my 10k last year. I only hope I can have a good race day.
4) I got my third Stitch Fix box yesterday, and I'm keeping two pieces. Seems like my thing. I've kept two pieces from each box. I kept two dresses since we're warming up to summer. I have a bridal shower for my cousin and his fiancee this summer, and I got a great dress for that, and then I kept a maxi dress. I've never had a maxi dress before.
5) I tried the shorts I got with the Skechers loot, and I'm sorry to Skechers, but I didn't like them. They're a little too big, so they bunch in the crotch. I find it odd that are big since they're a medium, and I wear that size. The capris I got are a medium, and they fit great. The shorts also don't have the mesh lining, so I felt at any moment I might show something, even though I was at home and certainly not in public. So that's a no. Sorry, I tried to like them.
Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.