Sunday, April 30, 2017

Monday Musings 5/1

It's May!  April snow showers over the weekend, and I'm wondering how the trees and flowers will rebound.  We got snow showers for 24 hours starting Friday evening and finally tapering off Saturday evening.  I know late spring snow is the norm on the Front Range, but I still can't help but think it's late April, why are we getting this?  The only good thing is staying in on Saturday gave me the motivation to unpack some stuff and decorate.  I have one box to go.


I unpacked the picture gallery I had up in my apartment living room and hung all the pictures up on the upstairs landing.  I have two more pictures on their way that I will need frames for, but all of these are places I've been.  It's always fun to see them and remember the trips.  The pictures that are coming are from my Disneyland trip last year, and will go on each end.

A snow day is a perfect snuggle day
I also unpacked a box of clothes that was hanging out in my room, and those boxes are broken down and out of sight.  My room is almost clear of clutter, but I need to stop at Michaels next weekend to get some last minute stuff for other decorations.  But I finally have all the floor space and of course it looks nicer to have the boxes gone.


Sunday I got to the gym down the road that I checked out last week, and I did 5.25 miles on the treadmill.  Since the snow was melting, the sidewalks were wet, and I've found if they're wet, they're also slippery.  I didn't want to slip funny and hurt something, and a faster speed on the treadmill let me work on my cadence.  I felt good the whole time, and when I got to 5 miles, I wanted to test things out a little bit more.  My calves were getting tired by the end, so even though my IT band wasn't talking, I decided to stop at 5.25 since it'd been a successful run.

That run brought my April total to 37.3 miles.  I ended up skipping a couple runs at the beginning of the month due to moving, but it's been a good month overall.  I continue to keep up with my calf strength training, and now my goal for May is to keep up with my cadence.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

16 comments:

  1. It has to feel good to finally get all settled! Does it feel like home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's starting too. As I get to learn the routes and neighborhood, it'll be moreso.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a productive week! And i love that snuggly photo with the kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She insists on snuggling when I'm not moving around. If I sit, she wants attention.

      Delete
  3. When Paul was in Denver over the weekend, he only got once glimpse of the mountains because of all the fog! That is seriously my fav thing about CO... the mountains! Whenever we come back from PA we refer to our mountains as "hills".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mountains are great. When I was driving in to work yesterday, the Flatirons were snow-dusted.

      Delete
  4. Good call on sticking with a TM run. Your running is going so well and you certainly don't want to slip or fall now. The picture wall looks great. Make sure you post a pic when it is complete. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! I need to get frames this weekend, and then it'll be done.

      Delete
  5. I cant believe you got snow last week! Looks like you got alot done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either. I see places in the 70s and 80s, and we were at 30!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on a solid month! Seeing the snow in CO makes me shake my head no. Just no. We have SO much rain here everything is flooding. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need the moisture, but I would've been fine with mist for those 24 hours.

      Delete
  7. SO glad you had a pain free treadmill run with no IT Band issues! YAY! It feels so good to have clutter gone and boxes unpacked! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really nice not to have clutter around. Unpacking takes a while.

      Delete
  8. I heard about the snow...wow! My first time to Colorado was in late April and I remember it was snowing...this was like 9 years ago! Great job with your treadmill run this week and for building back up that mileage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt really nice to build past 5 miles. My goal in training was 5, and I'm hoping to another run like that outside before my race.

      Delete