Sunday, April 23, 2017

Monday Musings 4/24

What a weekend!  Last week was busy, starting with the Boston Marathon documentary, and then Friday.  My family had been waiting for Friday since early February, when we got tickets as a birthday gift for my mom.  The Denver Paramount Theater was hosting two nights of the Princess Bride, followed by a Q&A with Cary Elwes, and then VIP people would meet him really quickly, and have their picture taken with him.  OMG!


The Q&A started with the moderator asking questions about the movie, and his answers were hilarious.  Some of the answers can be found in his book, but he also talked about other things.  Then the moderator asked questions members of the audience submitted prior to the movie.  Then after that was when the VIP people went upstairs to meet him.


Y'all, he hugged me!  I played it cool, but I was spazzing out internally.

I ended up only getting 4 hours of sleep going into Saturday since I fell asleep after 1:30am, and of course I woke up at 6:15.  Ouch!  4 hours of sleep, and I didn't do any hydrating the night before for my run.  Even though I've seen the Princess Bride hundreds of times, I didn't want to miss anything.  I didn't have anything to drink after dinner, and only a gulp of water before bed.  I pushed my Saturday run to the afternoon so I had time to hydrate, and I passed out for an hour after lunch.  Whatever this combo was (and I don't recommend it), I knocked off 4.75 miles and maybe could've done more.  I did feel something slightly pop in my hip near the end, and I didn't want to risk pushing it to 5, but this was a great run.  I focused on speeding up my cadence, and each mile split was faster than the previous one.


Maybe it was the pancakes I had that morning.  I had breakfast at Snooze in Boulder, and since I hadn't had anything to eat since dinner before the movie, I kind of inhaled my breakfast.  I got a pancake flight, which I LOVE!, and I got Snooze's specialities of pineapple upside down pancake and sweet potato pancake, plus a chocolate chip pancake.  Maybe the pancakes helped fuel my run.  Soon I won't have to drive to Boulder for Snooze because there's one coming to Westminster, which is one town over from where I live now.  I'm happy :)

Sunday I DVR'd the London Marathon since the broadcast started at 1:30 my time.  I had no intention of being awake at that hour.  I'd been awake at 1:30 the night before, and I really needed more sleep than 4 hours.  Mary Keitany broke the women's-only world record, and I only hope she's doing things honestly.  She took off from the pack, with a pace maker, and was out by herself the rest of the race.

The rest of Sunday was spent recovering.  Foam rolling, stretching, and little bit of strength training to help my hip out.  I felt good Sunday, but it's the little things that go a long way in recovery.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

16 comments:

  1. I don't know who any of those people are but I know my husband likes The Princess Bride and reiterates movie quotes often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elwes is the leading man in the Princess Bride. And looks almost the same these days.

      Delete
  2. Its been ages since I've seen the princess bride but he sure hasn't aged a bit! I'm going to be in Boulder in a few weeks - I'll have to try out Snooze! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No he hasn't.

      I highly recommend getting to Snooze when they open. Otherwise there's a wait.

      Delete
  3. How cool that you got to meet (and hug) Cary! He looks GOOD! LOL.

    And a pancake flight has the be the most amazing invention ever...I bet they did help fuel your run, delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really trying to remain calm but I was spazzing out inside. OMG!

      Delete
  4. What a cool weekend! And those pancakes. Drool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Snooze pancakes are amazing! I either have a pancake flight, or the OMG! French Toast.

      Delete
  5. I'm afraid I'd be the same way meeting someone I am a fan of!
    Those pancakes, and a flight of them? OMG they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! The pineapple and sweet potato are Snooze specialties and SO good.

      Delete
  6. Can you believe I've never even seen A Princess Bride?! GASP! My husband gives me crap about it all the time. I do know a lot of the quotes, though. :D

    Very exciting to meet anyone famous. lol.

    Congrats on your run after poor nutrition and sleep. Hopefully you got caught up the rest of the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go see it! It's my favorite movie and I'll always recommend it.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fun weekend! Glad you had a good run- those pancakes look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they were my fuel secret, maybe I should have pancakes on race morning.

      Delete
  8. What a cool VIP experience. He seriously has not aged. It has been years since I've seen the movie, but my husband still quotes lines from it. The flight of pancakes looks delicious. Great fueling, apparently! Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look the same, and sound the same. It was a great night.

      Delete