Friday, April 28, 2017

A Whole Lotta Stuff

Tuesday I got a run in before the rain hit, and while I was happy to run outside, it was one of those awful runs.  I'll call it a shakeout run since it was my first run since my 4.75-mile run on Saturday.  I couldn't find a rhythm, my legs felt tired in some places, and I was running in a front, so it got chilly and really windy.  I wrapped it up at 2.5 miles because I just wanted to be done.


I'm researching treadmills since this weather is making me frustrated, and I don't have a fitness room for the first time in years.  It was nice to not have to worry about a gym membership, and I'm not sure I want to go down that road again.  I did find a Planet Fitness not far from where I live, and their no-bells-and-whistles membership is $10 a month.  That is a possibility and I wouldn't feel bad only going maybe once a week.  I haven't decided yet, and may not until after my 10k.

Speaking of crazy weather, we're getting snow on tomorrow.  Yup, it'll be April 29th, and we're getting snow.  I know people here say we get more snow on the Front Range in the spring vs. the winter, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around that.  It's late April!!  I'm stocking up ingredients to make this recipe, but I substitute in gnocchi instead of regular potato chunks.  I feel the gnocchi adds more substance.  And I use spinach instead of kale.  I haven't gotten the hang of kale yet, and spinach is just fine with me.


I'm running out of shows to watch.  I've lost interest during this season of the Big Bang Theory and I don't miss it when I skip new episodes, and I'm losing interest in NCIS New Orleans.  I like the characters, but the writers have been obsessed with two storylines the entire season.  I've gotten tired of it, and there are only a couple episodes left.  I'll record them and then decide if I want to watch.  CBS hasn't made a decision on Elementary, and Vikings and Victoria are on break between seasons.  I did find out my new cable package includes Starz, and I've been watching the White Princess.  I read the book earlier this year, and since the books aren't quite historically accurate, I'm OK with the show not being either.


For something fun, I picked up my packet for the BolderBOULDER on Tuesday, and the shirt is so pretty!  I saw pictures of it on social media when the design was released, but it's prettier in person.  I haven't tried it on yet, and call it a superstition.  The race is a month from tomorrow, and my athlete's mind is saying don't jinx anything!  I've put the packet aside, and won't put the shirt on until after the race.  It'll end up in my shirt quilt whenever that actually happens.

Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the look of that shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really excited when I saw the color this year.

      Delete
  2. Has it been hard for you to acclimate yourself to the Colorado weather? I'm sure your summers will definitely make up for this spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't been too bad, and most of April was nice weather. I have been told though to expect these late spring snow storms.

      Delete
  3. I agree, snow on April 29 is crazy! That race shirt is pretty! We just finished up Bates Motel - it was pretty good overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really crazy! At least it's melting today.

      Delete
  4. Planet Fitness is such a good deal if you just want to go once in awhile and use a machine. Ive thought about that but we don't have one close by. Id love to invest i a treadmill at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking a little bit at treadmills, but it's hard to know what will be a good machine.

      Delete
  5. Snow tomorrow?!? That's the complete opposite of our 90 degree forecast that we have for this weekend. This weather is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but I'm also not ready for 90 degrees. I know we'll get that once summer settles in.

      Delete
  6. I love that shirt -- such fun colors!

    I'm hating this weather as well. I live in Nebraska and we're getting 30-50mph winds, 35 degree temps, plus rain/snow mix. It's APRIL people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably got what we did. The wind on Friday when we got the first patch of mixed precip was impressive.

      Delete