Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday Musings 3/27

This weekend was busy and I'd like a weekend to recover.  The townhouse is getting ready to close, and things are picking up.  I needed an extra rest day for my calves and I took it Saturday.  Sunday I got back to strength training with my staple exercises, plus some extra.  I ordered two Pure Barre DVDs to go with the 5 I already had, and I was slowly doing exercises from that during the week.


Since my calves have been cranky, I looked into getting better massage equipment, and I splurged on an Addaday roller.  I even had $20 rewards I could use.  I love the Stick, but the extra rolls on this one give me more leverage.  So far, I love it.  I worked my calves and found knots I didn't know I had, so hopefully that'll help.  I'll keep working on them.

This week will be interesting, schedule wise, since it's supposed to rain Tuesday and Wednesday.  Since I'm trying to do more running outside, dealing with rain may be interesting.  I do have a rain jacket, but it's not a running rain jacket.  We do need the rain, and we did get some yesterday.  It made for a lovely, lazy afternoon.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

14 comments:

  1. I also have the stick and you're right, it can be tricky to get in certain places. Are you buying a town house? I must have missed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents built one south of Boulder. I'm helping them move and getting my stuff out of storage. It'll be SO nice to have everything again.

      Delete
  2. It's been so rainy here too. A running rain jacket is something I've never owned. I feel like I'd rarely use it, but I sure could use one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rain jacket is pretty nice, but I certainly didn't use it that much in Texas. Between no rain, or wearing my college team gear, it stayed in the closet.

      Delete
  3. The addaday roller looks awesome! I find I have the same problem with the stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already think the rollers are getting much more leverage than the stick.

      Delete
  4. That roller looks great! I just went from a foam roller to the stick because I was having a hard time getting things loosened up with just the foam roller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use so many things during my rolling routine. The foam roller is a good start, but I need more pressure with certain spots.

      Delete
  5. Rain here and some achy sore joints are going to make for a tough marathon kick off week for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's not too bad for you! You've been doing so well showing who's boss.

      Delete
  6. I have an inexpensive rain jacket that I got from Reebok that I use for running in the rain or the colder weather...works pretty well!

    That roller looks really good...I know I need to at least upgrade my foam roller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right gear makes all the difference.

      Delete
  7. I bought a running rain shell to wear for a rainy half marathon. I was soaked! It repelled no water -- so I returned it. I don't have a stick type roller either. Maybe I should invest in one. That one looks nice and bumpy. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bumps are finding knots and working them. Hurts so good.

      Delete