Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Five: How was March

Tuesday's topic for the linkup was grade April, but I still had two running days left before April 1st, and I wanted to talk about the whole month.  I finished up the month with two treadmills runs since my calves have been cranky.  As much as I wanted to be outside, I played it safe.  I wanted to take it slower and be able to step off if I needed to.  I'm happy to say my run Tuesday was 3.1, and my run yesterday was 4.5!  My hope is to continue that progress outside.

My March mileage was 36.05, and I met my goal of wanting to exceed my February mileage.  Since I had taken multiple rest days in February, I wanted to be diligent and not skip as many.  I did take an extra rest day for my calves, and I skipped another because I needed a mental break.

March was also when I started missing weight work.  I love the Pure Barre classes, and they are certainly a challenge, but I'm wanting to branch out now.  I'm getting more Pure Barre DVDs, but I'm also looking into signing up with a personal trainer once I'm at my new address in a couple weeks.  It would mean joining a gym, and I haven't had a gym membership for almost 2 years.  I'll miss the convenience of the fitness room.

I did have a scare in March, when my calves were super tired, and it felt like my left ITB wanted to join the party.  To say I'm paranoid right now would be an understatement.  My left leg has been my good leg, and now I'm taping both legs to be safe.  The training has been going well, and I really, really, really, REALLY don't want another injury.

The Bolder Boulder is 60 days from yesterday!  I keep thinking I have less time to finish training than I really do, and the 60-day social media post reminded me I have more time to build.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

14 comments:

  1. Great job in adding your miles for the month of March. Perhaps that may be why you are feeling a little tired? You are doing the right thing by listening to your body and taking those rest days as needed. You do not want to overdo it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably. It's been such a good month, but that also means I did a lot.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you met your mileage goal for March! I hope you can run outside soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week the temps are up and down. I hope to get outside tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are pretty happy with your running right now. I do love my strength training workouts as well and I find a few sessions with a trainer really do help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had good progress, and my fingers are crossed that continues.

      Delete
  4. Glad you finished off the month well! I hope those injuries stay away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I got nervous when my calf spoke up, but the strength training seems to be helping.

      Delete
  5. Great job on training this month! Onward and upward for April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hope the temps get spring like again.

      Delete
  6. Solid month Lesley! How exciting Bolder Boulder is coming up. All the best with your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good seeing the 60 days post. Kept things in perspective.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on meeting your mileage goal! Here's to a great April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I needed a break in February, but I didn't have an excuse for March.

      Delete