Friday, February 17, 2017

Winter Fitness Rants

Friday Five is winter fitness rants this week, but how can I rant when the 5-day forecast looks like this?


I did rant a little bit about two weeks ago when the weather was going to be great, and I packed my workout gear to take with me to work.  I was all excited that I was going to have good weather, and I could catch the running path after work... then a front moved in and it was sprinkling when I left work that day.  To say I was sour was an understatement.  I thought I'd left the random weather in Texas, but Colorado is proving to be just as difficult right now.  Humph!

I know I need to stop by the storage facility this weekend and get my spring/summer shirts for work.  Most of my short-sleeve blouses are still packed because I thought winter in Boulder would mean at chilly, so I only have my sweaters and long-sleeve shirts in the apartment.  Oops.  It's certainly not dress weather, but I need my warm-weather gear for the office.  I only hope I can find the right box since I'm still looking for my running vest.

It is a little difficult to plan my clothes for the week when half of my stuff is in storage.  I can't wait to get to the townhouse when all my stuff will be out of storage, and all my clothes will be available.  I chose to have all my running gear with me instead of work clothes, but what else is new?  I am a runner.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

10 comments:

  1. Ha, that's totally something I would do as well. I visited CO Springs for business last Aug. My bag had more running clothes in it than work clothes lol. The crazy things runners do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a conference in DC last year and brought more running clothes too. Priorities...

      Delete
  2. We are supposed to have a gorgeous weekend as well! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you did, and could enjoy time outside!

      Delete
  3. I have never been to Colorado but I hear the weather out there can be pretty wacky. You could wear shorts one day, and that evening it could snow.....so weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm getting to know those patterns. Spring should be interesting.

      Delete
  4. No ranting for me this winter! It's been pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far! I see the rain in California and think what could we get?

      Delete
  5. My little sis used to live in Boulder, she loved it. The weather up here in Montana has been so cold this winter, although nothing to complain about this last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had cold too, and the mountains are getting plenty of snow.

      Delete