Yesterday I was on the main campus all day for a new hire orientation of sorts. It covers the structure of the university, the history, includes a walking tour, and lunch. Lunch is important.
1) CU has 5 Nobel laureates. 1 in chemistry, and 4 in physics. Sheldon Cooper eat your heart out!
2) Old Main is the oldest building on campus. It used to be the only building on campus, so it was the campus, and the CU system. Now it houses the heritage museum.
3) There are quite a few celebrities who attended CU, but didn't necessarily graduate. Robert Redford is one of the most famous, but there's Larry Linville, Glenn Miller, and Christopher Meloni (plus more).
4) I didn't get a picture, but they have a wall with all their Olympians. The most recent one being for the 2016 Olympics.
5) CU has a lot of ties to NASA. Scott Carpenter, Jack Swigert, and Stuart Roosa.