Friday, February 24, 2017

Random Friday

Today's Friday Five is a free day.  I'll ramble a little bit since yesterday wasn't a random post day.

One good thing about moving is I can plug in the moving expenses into TurboTax and get a refund.  I'm getting a pretty good refund this year (OK, I am back to paying state tax and I owe Colorado $2 for working 3 days...), and I'm going to have some fun with it.  I'll donate some to the rescue shelter I got Allie from, and then it's shopping time.  I'm already contemplating what I want to get, and jewelry, running gear, and wine seem about right.  Even better to go to small companies.


1) My favorite jewelry store is a staple in Texas, and they've had an owl pendant design since the fall.  It'll go with the owl earrings I have.  I like owls.

2) The running gear I'd like is a pair of Oiselle capris that have my name on it.  I'm not kidding, they have my name on them.  The Lesley Knickers.  It's fate, right?


3) This weekend marks 5 years since I did the Princess half as my first 13.1 distance.  Wait, what?

4) Anybody who watches CBS shows getting tired of the number of commercials?  I first stopped watching football since CBS has so many during its games, but now I feel like shows are getting shorter so they can show more commercials.  I timed the Big Bang Theory last night and it was 17.5 minutes long.  Earlier seasons has shows at 21 and 22 minutes.  At least I can DVR all my shows and skip the commercials.

5) And just a really random thought.  At work we have a file for each award called Snapshot, and it contains all the information about the award.  Even though I don't have the app, I keep wanting to call it Snap Chat.  I keep correcting myself, but one day Snap Chat is going to come out of my mouth, probably in a meeting or something.





Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

23 comments:

  1. Oh man, I would be all over a pair of shorts or running pants with my name on them. Five years running, time sure does fly doesn't it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed a bunch of commercials lately and it's super annoying! It's almost like you can't really enjoy the TV show because there is a commerical break so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me. At least I can record shows and skip the breaks.

      Delete
  3. So the first year I was here in IL, we had to file in 3 states. The next year, we were so excited to only have to file in 1 state until I got a check from Virginia for being underpaid the previous summer. For $26. SERIOUSLY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I don't have to file with Texas, but it's now two things to keep track of.

      Delete
  4. I feel like I am the only person that does not have DVR. I do not watch much tv but I feel like I would watch more if I could fast forward through all the commercials. It is such a time commitment and evening when you do not have that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch much either. Shows have either ended or became uninteresting.

      Delete
  5. The Lesley Capris do look comfy! I refuse to watch commercials. We never watch anything live! But Paul agrees, way too many commercials for football.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped watching football due to the commercials. I got bored very easily.

      Delete
  6. Miranda/Lacey, you aren't the only person who doesn't have DVR. The Rivards don't either. In fact, we are seriously considering dumping cable altogether...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Meranda and I actually do have Dvr and I love it..lol

      Delete
    2. Wendy, I thought about dumping cable but I don't have any kind of streaming device.

      Delete
  7. You definitely need those capris! Anything with your name is an omen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually watching Big Bang right now as I type this and was just thinking about how quickly the episode is going (and I am fast forwarding thru commercials).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to record them now so I can skip the commercials. It does go by faster.

      Delete
  9. Oh, too funny on the capris - you definitely need to have them! This month marks five years since I did my last Half, but I'm doing another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I want to do a half again. I'm enjoying the shorter distances.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's amazing that it's been that long. Doesn't feel like it.

      Delete
  11. I love that plan for getting some fun things with your refund :) I used to have a recurring nightmare about owls when I was a kid so owls have been a no-go for me since then, but it sure is a pretty pendant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A refund should be fun, and I'll be supporting small business with it.

      Delete