Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday Musings 2/5

So... this week was all about doing what my chiro gave me, and nothing else.  I have to admit, when she told me my lateral strength was pretty good, all the work and effort I've put in since March (!) caught up with me, and I felt like "oof!!"  I just needed a mental break, but I got back on the wagon over the weekend.  Since the weather was pretty windy Saturday, I did Pure Barre that day, then ran outside after lunch yesterday.  I lasted 3.77 miles before my knee started giving me trouble, but my chiro and I have been messing with my leg this past week.  My Garmin even said I'd done my fastest 5k on its records!  I was quite happy about that.  I'd even stuck with 1/1 intervals since my legs wanted to go fast during my last outdoor run, but my lungs struggled to keep up.  My lungs did much better yesterday... hopefully I'm acclimating to this altitude.


Now that it's a new week, I'm motivated again to keep up with my strength training, and I should be getting more exercises from my chiro.  Sometimes I just need to hit reset and take a small break.  It's February, and I'm another month closer to Bolder Boulder.  I think 3.77 is a good start.






Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

28 comments:

  1. Look at those Flatirons!!! Is that the view from your place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, and I have a really good view driving in to work too.

      Delete
  2. Hope your knee is feeling better this week. MY foot was really bothering me on my long run so backing off a bit this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see today. There's a running path that runs behind my building, and I want to use it this afternoon.

      Delete
  3. 3.77 is definitely a great start! And periodic resets are really helpful. I hope this week goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think resets are just as important as any kind of training.

      Delete
  4. I was at the chiro today -- my hips are usually out of alignment, and she said they were pretty good. I guess the Pilates & the yoga for hips plus adding in a few more warmup exercises are working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, my hips weren't that bad when I got to see my new chiro. I did need adjustments, but it was mostly my back that needed it.

      Delete
  5. You are definitely off to a good start. I think it's great that you are doing intervals. If been trying to make my intervals few but I feel I still need them in order to stay injury free. Congrats on the speedy 5k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to not have to do intervals, but they're letting me do so much.

      Delete
  6. Breaks and resetting are always good! Hope that the exercises your chiro is giving you help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been diligent, and I get more tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. Glad you are feeling better! I would love to do Bolder Boulder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on my bucket list, but I didn't know it would be a local race when I did it.

      Delete
  8. Definitely a great start! When is Bolder Boulder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on Memorial Day every year. There are big patriotic displays, and honoring veterans.

      Delete
  9. You're off to a great start! Here's to another great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have plenty of time too build, and keep working on my knee.

      Delete
  10. Great job this week and yay for a fast 5K! Glad your body is getting acclimated to its new environment too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too. That first run was a struggle getting air.

      Delete
  11. 3.77 is a great start Lesley! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to do more, but no sense in hurting myself because I'm so stubborn.

      Delete
  12. You are off to a great start for Bolder Boulder. Congrats on that Garmin record too. I love when I get those. I'm curious how long it will take to get acclimated to the altitude. Be sure to tell us when you are there. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by the 5k record because I didn't think I was going that fast.

      Delete
  13. 3.77 is s a wonderful start to boulder to boulder! Glad your knee is getting stronger. Keep up with the strengthing and guidelines from the chiro. I think going to a chiro was one of the best decesions I've ever made! Congrats on your fast 5k btw- I do hope this week is going well for you so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I started going to a chiro, and now with a new chiro, she's seeing other issues. I'm doing everything she says.

      Delete
  14. Off to a great start. Take it easy I'm thinking I need to visit a chiro for my shoulder. It's been giving me fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy if this is my start. I just want to be able to have enough time to work on everything and have a healthy race.

      Delete