Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday Musings 2/27

Happy Monday!  What a fun weekend!  My mom drove into town and we had a great weekend together.  To say I couldn't focus on work Friday was an understatement.  I tried Friday morning, and then forget it on Friday afternoon.  I was still getting stuff off my list, but an admin got snarky and after that, yoga breathing and willing the clock to move.



Friday afternoon started with dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and seeing Hidden Figures.  Both my mom and I wanted to see it, but hadn't due to circumstances.  What a great way to see it together.  I loved the movie, and it is the only one of this year's Oscar crop that I've seen.  I'm not big into seeing nominated movies unless I want to see them.  I grew up with a space age nerd (my dad), but like most people, had never heard about the women behind the science and math.


Saturday was breakfast at Snooze.  If anyone is in the Denver/Boulder area, Snooze is a great breakfast place that is so popular, if you don't go at opening time, 7am, there will be a wait.  They have great food, and creations you would never think of.  I got a pancake flight with a sweet potato pancake, a pineapple upside pancake, and molten chocolate pancake.  Delish!  My mom got the spiced gingerbread French toast.  Then we got pedicures, had lunch with my aunt and cousin's fiancee, and then we took a cooking class at Sur la Table.


It was considered date night, but we didn't care.  The menu was creamy goat cheese fondue, winter green salad with candied bacon and blue cheese, classic Coq a Vin, and dark chocolate soufflé with vanilla bean whipped cream.  Everything was good, but I loved the soufflé and goat cheese fondue.  The fondue was the appetizer when we started eating what we made, and I said I needed to be cut off.  I wanted to save room, especially for the soufflé.  I figured licking the bowl would be rude, and I pretty much finished off the chocolate.  I started the day with chocolate and ended the day with chocolate.

Sephora tissue paper is fun!
Sunday was breakfast at Walnut Cafe, then some shopping in Loveland, and having lunch with my grandfather.  Sunday afternoon marked the end of the fun weekend :(  Back to chores, and work.  I didn't do any cardio, but did try to fit in the strength training.  The weather was chilly after our snow storm on Thursday, so I made tortilla soup Sunday night.  That's a dish that warms me up from the inside, and there's plenty of leftovers.

Next up this week, Wednesday to go to an event at CU with Jenny Simpson and Emma Coburn.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

16 comments:

  1. Wow you and your mom squeezed a lot in! I'm glad you had a great time. I will remember Snooze next time we go to CO. The pancakes sound yummy and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, and the pancake flight has smaller pancakes, but I find they are the perfect size.

      Delete
  2. I think I just gained weight just reading that -- but man, that sounds like an awesome weekend! I am looking forward to my vacation in a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we definitely splurged, but I don't normally eat like that.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got to spend quality time with your mom! The sweet potato pancakes sound amazing and how fun to take a cooking class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I was skeptical at first, but OMG! and they are a Snooze specialty.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend! Glad you got to spend time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, then Monday hit and I had to go back to work :-/

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad I read this after dinner! Looks like a fantastic, tasty weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I have the recipes from Sur la Table, and am putting them away for later.

      Delete
  6. Mmm. We love Snooze. It is hard to get in to though! What a great idea to do a cooking class at SLT. I often see them in progress but never think to sign up. LOL at licking the bowl. Maybe if no one else was looking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. We go right at 7 to get in, and this past Saturday there were already cars lining up.

      Delete
  7. How fun to spend some time with your Mom. I want to see the movie Hidden Figures! Do you know I completely forgot about the Oscars on Sunday? A great day starts and ends with chocolate! I think I'd adore the pancake flight too. Thanks for linking, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't forget because networks didn't have anything new. Even PBS didn't have the last episode of Victoria :( That's this coming weekend.

      Delete
  8. What a great time you had with your mom! I just got a much needed pedi last night. It had been a while since my last one. I did not even watch the Oscars nope just didn't.
    But I did have french toast this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd been over a year since my last pedi. I love them, but don't pamper my feet enough.

      Delete