Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday Musings 2/20

What a busy weekend, and next weekend will be even busier!  I finally was able to meet up with some Oiselle Volee members on Saturday for a run and brunch.  I'm all for brunch, and the run made me feel accomplished!  I stuck with my intervals, and one of the other ladies stayed with me since I think Saturday was an easy day for her.  I really appreciated that and turned my music down to maybe a one so we could talk.  I ended up doing 3.25 miles, and my knee did twinge near the end.  I probably shouldn't have done the extra .25 miles, but we were almost back at the host's house, and I decided to push it.  Today I'm going to call my chiropractor's office and ask about dry needling.


On my way back home, I stopped by the storage unit to get my "summer" clothes for work.  It's nice to have short sleeve blouses to choose from when the weather's going to be in the 60s and 70s.  When it swings colder, I'll have my sweaters too.  I'm running out of room in the apartment since my parents have stuff there as well. 

Errands were crunched a bit Saturday, but it was so much fun to sit during brunch and just talk to other runners.  Most of my friends in Texas aren't runners, so I normally kept things to myself.  My cousin runs, so she and I talk, but mostly, it's just me.  I learned that our group on Saturday has an Iron Man (Woman?), someone signing up for Boulder 70.3 (I found out the open swim is in Boulder Reservoir, that outta be just *so* warm!), the runner who stuck with me is a co-leader of the Colorado Volee, and she's training for the Oiselle 10k/10M in April.  I even won a running hat!


Sunday was my Pure Barre routine, and we had a guest instructor.  I'm feeling the workout today, right from when my alarm went off.  I have my lacrosse ball in my bag, so I'll do some easy rolling at lunch today.  Afterwards, I headed to a bagel shop in Boulder I found online that does New York-style bagels.  Really?!  Oh my.  My inner Bostonian was dancing when I discovered their website.  OMG!  My family loves bagels, and Texas doesn't really have a specialty in that.  I had Einstein's Bros., which worked, but New York-style is amazing.  If anyone is coming to CO, it's called Moe's Broadway Bagels, and they have 4 locations in Boulder and 2 in Denver.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

18 comments:

  1. Looks like you are just finding all sorts of new things in Boulder!
    I'm glad I don't have to store my out of season clothes because I've never truly put up my shorts an tank tops from last summer! It was only 80 yesterday! I wonder if this is the new norm??? Thanks Lesley for linking with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is tricky. I would try to put some in bins, but then we'd get a warm spell in the middle of winter.

      Delete
  2. Rolling with the lax ball is the best (and worst). I was in Boulder last summer for the Skirt Sports Ambassador retreat. I love it there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't used my lacrosse ball in a while (bad runner!) and it hurt. Gotta get back to it.

      Delete
  3. Im originally from NY and I cant get a good bagel here in Maryland! Hope you get good results from the dry needling if you decide to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get it! I was so spoiled in New England, with bagels and seafood. Not really Texas's specialty.

      Delete
  4. Brunch sounds like so much fun! We had fun when I did brunch but right now all my saturdays are spend going back & forth to my parents & losing that extra really hurts.

    Not warm enough for short sleeves. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love brunch and don't do it that often. Run and brunch is even better.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fun Saturday! I'm glad you were able to connect with fellow runners! :) Yum...those bagels sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! There are more flavors, but I like the classics.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you are settling in well in your new world!! Let me know how the dry needling went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes today. I haven't had a session in quite a while, and I can never look when they're inserting the needles.

      Delete
  7. Brunch is always fun! Getting together with other runners is great, there's always so much to talk about and bond over!

    Hope your knee feels better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to sit and talk and get to know new people.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend! That's great that you were able to go out for a run with the group and get to know them better over brunch too. Following a run with brunch with friends is probably one of my favorite weekend activities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do it often, but it's fun to do. I even saw a tank top at Target that I almost got that day: "Crunch then Brunch."

      Delete
  9. What a cute hat you won! It's wonderful you were able to meet, run, brunch and chat with other Oiselle Volee members. Do they meet every Saturday? Your new bagel shop sounds delicious! Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even got a pocket in the hat. Can't wait to wear it for its first run.

      Delete