Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Grant Me Three Wishes

What would you wish if you found a genie?  Today's topic is 3 running wishes.  My #1 wish that won't shock anybody is to fix this ITBS once and for all.  It's almost been 4 years and it's been a persistent pain in my knee.  No more ITBS would be a huge help, but it's slow going.  I do have an appointment for dry needling this afternoon, and I'll take a late lunch break to cover part of the time I'm gone.  Then it's back to work.  I haven't had dry needling since July, and maybe it is past time to have another session.

Credit Disney (of course)
What would the other 2 be?  If I can nip this in the bud, I'd like to have a good time at the Bolder Boulder.  I had such fun at Tink, but it was quite crowded, and I only had 2 months of PT leading up to the race.  I'm stronger now, and if I can get in a good place working with my chiro office, I'd like to improve on the time I had at Tink.  BB should be better spaced with the crowds, and as much fun as it was running through Disneyland, there were bottlenecks in multiple places.  I hope the BB course doesn't have many of those.

My other wish would be get faster, but one thing at a time.  My speed is good for me (my knee) right now, and I like using the run/walk method.  I feel like it allows me to go further, and it certainly worked for 3 of my half marathons.


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia

18 comments:

  1. I hope you find something that makes your ITB calm down for good! That was my first running injury 10 years ago and 4 weeks totally off running plus better attention to foam rolling/stretching, gradual mileage increases, seemed to do the trick. Bolder Boulder will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing everything I'm told, and it's still here. I would wish it away.

      Delete
  2. ITB injuries are brutal. I've battled them twice. Foam rolling seemed to hurt me more. I did stretching, strength training...and honestly fixed my running from. That's what ended up healing mine. I just did my first 50k in december, there is hope I promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will keep going, because I won't let it run me.

      Delete
  3. Injury free is definitely a wish worth wishing!

    I have never done Bolder Boulder, but it's always been on my list! Maybe this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my list too and I just decided to make it my race this year.

      Delete
  4. Run/walk has been good to me. Injuries are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run/walk has been very good. It's my security blanket.

      Delete
  5. YES to the injury-free part. ITBS has plagued me for three years. I'm over it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! What do I gotta do to put it behind me?

      Delete
  6. Yep, I definitely agree on getting rid of lingering injuries once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had injuries in high school, but nothing like this. I could always play through them.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I would also wish for no ITBS for Anybody. It's been a few months now since I've experienced it (knock on wood), but I still feel myself holding back because I fear of a flare up if I push too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I worry about it every time, and I know I'm holding back. I'd like to get where I don't have to worry at all.

      Delete
  8. Injuries are so frustrating! Especially when nothing you try seems to help. Hope that goes away for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My current chiro battled it, so I know there is hope. I have to be good about everything.

      Delete
  9. I totally relate on the injury front. I've had to deal with ITBS and it's extremely stubborn, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the most dreaded injury because it's so stubborn.

      Delete