Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Winter Running

Oh winter.  I'm not a fan.  I fled to Texas for almost 8 years, and yet, here I am, meeting you again in Colorado. 

It's not too bad, but since I don't have solid winter gear yet, I haven't been able to run outside yet.  This morning won't do it either since there's ice after yesterday's snow and melt.  The roads were fine until I got to the parking lot.  Then that's basically do your best and hope you're between the lines, because the lines are not visible under the ice and snow.  I parked across from a service vehicle that had been parked since Friday and was covered in snow.


I do have my limits when it comes to winter temps, but right now I'm in the market for running tights that are good for that in-between window of winter and not winter.  I have two pairs of running capris, that are a little too light for that 40-degree day, and then my heavy tights are too warm.  I'd over heat.  I have to go shopping this weekend if I want the right gear to get me outside.


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

22 comments:

  1. The right gear is certainly key for winter running. I thought of you when I saw the tornadoes in Texas yesterday. Glad you missed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I. I think my old neighborhood was OK, but I've seen the wind damage in other communities.

      Delete
  2. Layers really are key! It is hard to dress in the 20-40 degree range I think, so dependent on sun and wind conditions.. makes it easy to over or under dress, I usually over dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Layers are key! I heat up quickly, but if it's windy, I need an extra layer. It hasn't been sunny the past couple weekends, and the sun makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  3. The right gear is definitely important for Winter running! Good luck finding it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can find, but I've seen some good prices on Running Warehouse.

      Delete
  4. I hope you can find the gear you want for a good price! Where are you headed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to look at the two running stores I'm aware of, but I'm also looking on Running Warehouse. I like how they show what type of weather the clothing's for.

      Delete
  5. Best of luck finding the right gear! I would be so lost! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I have an idea, but it's the in-between range that can be tricky.

      Delete
  6. We escaped to TX for 17 years, yet here we sit in the cold, too. Except not too snowy this year. Not yet anyway, winter's just warming up (maybe literally).

    I do have the right gear though. It helps! And everyone is different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least when it was cold in Texas, everyone was inside. I didn't see many people running outside.

      Delete
  7. I bet being in the cold weather is worth it just to be near family! Check out the Reebok fleece lined tights. I got some for Christmas and I like them. They are very light weight yet warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check out their website.

      Delete
  8. It definitely sounds like you need some gear if you're going to run outside in Colorado! Good luck with the search for tights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to seem like a wimp, but I also don't want to be stuck on the treadmill.

      Delete
  9. I think once you have the right gear to run in, you may find you really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough moving into winter without the right gear. But it's still fun to research.

      Delete
  10. I've come to embrace winter running. It's all about the gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read your recaps and you're a trooper! Texas has thinned my blood quite a bit, which my family finds funny.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you have a fun shopping trip coming up! :-) Winter running is ONLY tolerable with the right gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll also let me know which running stores are good to hit up. I need to know where to go for good gear.

      Delete