Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday Musings 1/9

Another Monday, and I think this week I'll actually work the full 5 days.  We do not have snow in the forecast this week, and no holidays, so it looks like I'll work the full week, and I think I can finally get on the running path this coming Saturday :)

Christmas gift arrived
This past weekend was a mix of being with family, and then getting back in my routine.  My parents were down in Boulder Friday and Saturday, and Saturday we drove up to Fort Collins to take my grandfather out to lunch. We went to Old Chicago, where I had a great salad of mixed greens, roasted chicken, dried cranberries, walnuts, and apple chunks.  I asked them to hold the blue cheese crumbles since I don't like blue cheese.  Sorry, no picture.  It was good enough that I didn't think to take one.

Recovering after the snow storm
After getting back mid-afternoon, I did a pretty good strength training session in the apartment, which meant I woke up sore Sunday.  I wasn't sure what cardio I wanted to do once my parents left for the mountains, but I ended up doing another 5k on the treadmill, then an ab workout to a Pure Barre DVD.

I'm slowly getting back into my routine, and oh! my stuff came on Thursday with the movers during the snow day, so I now have my brand new New Balance shoes.  To be honest, I'm not sure the Brooks Ravennas are working for me.  They're fine, but I feel like the New Balance 860s are a little bit better.  I'm trying to get some more time with the Ravennas so I can have the 860s with me for Bolder Boulder before I need to check out the new edition.  The 7's are now on the market, and I want to stick with what I know for my next race, which means the 860s need to be good through Memorial Day.  The BB did release their shirt designs, and the package I got is really pretty.  The shirt is a nice teal color, which will be a first for my race shirt collection.


Sunday night I got the wine out to watch the Red Carpet.  I'm not sure how many more award shows I'll watch since the dresses have been rather blah the past couple years, and I don't watch the movies/shows that are nominated, so I don't have anything vested in the awards.  The only movies I'd seen that were nominated by the Globes were Zootopia and Moana.  Yes, both Disney.  After the Red Carpet, I was bored, and started channel surfing.  Repeat Big Bang Theory episodes are always fun, and I recorded two episodes of Sherlock.  Any Sherlock fans?  I'd forgotten the new season was debuting last weekend, and thankfully PBS was repeating the episode before this week's episode.  I got them both and will watch them during the week.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

18 comments:

  1. It's so nice that you now live close enough to go to dinner with your parents and grandma. I always hold the blue cheese too when I get salads like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to be close to family again. It was the main reason I chose to move up here.

      Delete
  2. I love Sherlock! I haven't watched the new episodes yet but am hoping to some time this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the first episode, but was very happy to see it repeated yesterday. Now I have something to watch this week.

      Delete
  3. I can't stay up for award shows!

    It must be nice to have your stuff. It's always a pain when you don't (but then unpacking isn't a lot of fun either).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my stuff is in storage now, but it's 10 minutes down the road instead of waiting in Dallas.

      Delete
  4. The thing I enjoyed the most about awards shows (which I don't watch) was watching Fashion Police afterwards. But now that Joan Rivers is gone it's just not the same. :( In fact, I don't think they have it anymore! They tried but it didn't work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were advertising for Fashion Police, so they may be trying it again. I look at pictures and come up with my own comments.

      Delete
  5. 5 day weeks are so tough after all the holidays! Im already excited to have next Monday off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! It's such a struggle to keep going when I'm expecting the weekend sooner than it is.

      Delete
  6. I started watching the awards and got bored too, and flipped over to a Hallmark movie instead!
    How fun going out to lunch with your grandfather! Great memories, I wish I had done those kinds of things with mine while they were alive!
    Hope your enjoying your new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The part that I watched was boring. I don't know if I'll watch the Oscars because it'll be much of the same.

      Delete
  7. It's nice to see you settling in to a new routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be in a routine again. Things have been disjointed for almost a month.

      Delete
  8. I'm not really in love with award shows anymore... I feel like everyone is trying to find something they can do to one-up someone else. I just like reading the recaps the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and the Oscars committee loves movies I have no interest in seeing.

      Delete
  9. We have a firestick and can watch a lot of tv series and this one I"m going to have to tell my hubs about I know he would love it! Right up his alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seasons are very short, but the episodes are 90 minutes each.

      Delete