Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday Musings 1/30

Wait, January is almost over?  Yikes!  It's been a very busy month, and I've been working at CU-Boulder for a month now.  It's still a learning curve, but I've enjoyed every bit of it.  We're in the mist of a warm spell, reminiscent of Texas swings, and my sinuses let me know that when I woke up Saturday.  Oof!  It was in the 60s yesterday, and it's supposed to be fantastic weather until Thursday, when we're back in the 30s.  And I thought I left these wild swings in Texas :-p

New workout tops!
I was a little lax last week on Thursday and Friday.  Thursday was my rest day since I hadn't taken one all week, and Friday I was exhausted after work, and didn't do my scheduled run.  I ended up doing nothing, so two rest days in a row.  I did 3.5 miles Saturday morning before Pure Barre yesterday, and I'm sore again.  This studio is really challenging, and I love it.

Making the bed?
I finally got body glide yesterday, and will test it out tomorrow.  Today is my chiropractor appointment (!!!!), and I really do need an adjustment.  My hips are sore, my feet are tight, and in general I'd feel better after getting back in alignment.  I'm starting to transfer into my new New Balance 860s, and so far it's been OK.  It'll be a slight change since I feel like they provide more support, but my Ravennas are still good shoes, and those will become my every day sneakers.  There's still plenty of cushion in those.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

16 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the new job is going well! The weather changes have been crazy it seems like all over the country...it's hard to keep up!

    I just picked up a big container of Body Glide on Friday...I love it and it works great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really needed body glide, but it was right at the front, next to the Nuun. I needed both.

      Delete
  2. It's so damn cold here tonight! Poor dogs weren't terribly enthusiastic about their walk today and it wasn't even long.

    I finally made a much-needed chiro appt for next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I needed an adjustment, and felt so much better after the appointment.

      Delete
  3. I saw my chiropractor today for the first time in 3 months and it felt so good! I definitely needed an adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! When I hear every crack along my back, I needed that!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are settling in nicely! Even found a chiro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! There's no shortage in Boulder, and my chiro in Dallas told me how to find those who do ART. One office coincided with both of my searches.

      Delete
  5. I've never been to CO but have been so intrigued by their weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dry air helps that there aren't too many cold days in Boulder, but I know the mountains are different. My parents have so much snow, it's holding on to the cold.

      Delete
  6. The weather here in the south has been all over the place this month! My body lets me know when I need a chiro adjustment. Glad you found a good chiropractor! I love the pic of your cat btw. Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She makes me smile too. She in the crazy mode that cats have, and was chasing poofs on the bed. It makes it a little difficult to finish putting new sheets on.

      Delete
  7. Those workout tanks are super cute! Nice job taking those rest days. They are so important. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so comfy too! It's amazing what workout gear is like now.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you are enjoying your new job. My nose starting burning last week and when I looked at the tree pollen count -- it was already moderate! It usually starts mid-late February around here. My Pure Barre soreness lasted 4 days! I certainly found that class challenging. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good workout, and it's also humbling. I think I'm getting stronger, then they have a workout that leaves me like jello.

      Delete