Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday Five: Winter Activities

Can shopping be a winter activity?  Oiselle came out with new stuff, and since I already needed new gear, here! take my money.  I love their long-sleeve Flyte shirt, and they added it as a zip up.  I was already saying I needed more winter gear, and dress in layers, so one purchase is done!  Plus my birthday's next Tuesday.


Since I didn't get any running gear for Christmas, it's ever-present on my birthday list.  I simply run to give others gift ideas :)

My mom and I signed up for a cooking class at Sur la Table, in February.  It's labeled as an evening in Paris, and the menu almost had me drooling.  A picture of the chocolate souffle we'll be making did.  OMG!  The entire menu is creamy goat cheese fondue, winter green salad with candied bacon and blue cheese, classic Coq a Vin, and that souffle: dark chocolate souffle with vanilla bean and whipped cream.  I will seriously try to take pictures, but the souffle won't last long around me.  Since my birthday is next week, and my mom's lands on the super bowl this year, we're having a girls' weekend in late February.

Oh, and of course, I just ordered 6 boxes of girl scout cookies, plus one for the troop to donate.  It's not a good thing they have websites now, but I can still help my friends in Louisiana like I did last year.  Whether I'm in Dallas or Boulder, I'm still ordering cookies from their daughter.  It's that time of year again and I need my fix.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

14 comments:

  1. Did you see Oiselle on sale on Zulily? I got another pair of Rogas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run to give people gift ideas! Love it! Although when I pointed out to my husband that I wrote several gift guides that really ought to be like a road map . . . and he reads the blog! But it still never occurred to him to get me stuff from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to stick with gift guides. I have these ideas because they're things I know I'll use and have fun with.

      Delete
  3. Haha! Run to give others gift ideas. Love it. 🤣 And shopping totally counts as an activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! It does get me out of the house and looking around.

      Delete
  4. Getting new running stuff is so exciting! And that cooking class sounds fun...and delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all sounded so good. That is a class I know I'll enjoy.

      Delete
  5. I agree, shopping is totally an activity. Happy early birthday Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I have to stick with items that weren't on the birthday list.

      Delete
  6. Happy early birthday! Birthdays are the best.

    Girl scout cookies... I can't... I'm trying so hard to stay away from sugar!!! #droooooool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I justify it by saying it's only once a year, and I don't hork the cookies. I ration them, to make it better ;-)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the reminder- I need to order Girl Scout cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a FB reminder from last year I'd ordered cookies. So I ordered them on the same day this year

      Delete