Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday 5: Stitch Fix

Today's a free topic day, and since I got my Stitch Fix this week, I'll write about that!

What could be inside?
This was my first box with Stitch Fix.  I decided to sign up because I'm incredibly picky about my clothes, and I haven't been inspired by what I've seen in stores.  I was interested in trying Stitch Fix before, but now that I'm not paying rent for a while, it's in my budget to check it out.  I've signed up for a shipment every other month, and hopefully my March box will have some spring designs.


1) Trista Faux Wrap Jersey Dress - Love it!  It almost fits me perfectly, and I love the design.  I love faux wrap dresses because they usually fit me well, and I don't have to deal with the actual wrap staying in place.  My bust is smaller than my hips, and the faux wrap dresses can accommodate both without one dimension being too tight or too loose.  Keep.


2) Harper Boot Cut Pant - Like.  The burgundy color will add some pop to my slacks for work.  I have black, black, light gray, and dark gray.  I even have some pink and black tops that will go with the pants.  Keep.


3) Skyler Embellished Neckline Pullover - I liked this, and it fit well, but I have enough sweaters for winter.  That's one thing I did stock up on in Texas, sweaters.  Return.


4) Quelle Woven Blazer - didn't try on.  I'm not a blazer person, at all, and didn't see when I would wear it.  I hate wearing dress suits because of the jackets.  Return.


5) Koda Split Neck Bouse - Love the pattern, but the fit was just too small.  The material didn't stretch, and I had difficulty getting it over my shoulders.  And then off over my head.  The design is perfect though, because I love polka dots.  Sadly, return.


I'd say this was a success with the first box.  I had no idea what to expect, but it was a good starting point and I was able to give feedback about each of these.  Hopefully the next blouse will fit better.  And of course, Allie enjoyed herself.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

18 comments:

  1. I do love those polka dots. Too bad it didn't fit right. I have a SF gift card I need to use. Maybe for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for some fun spring designs in the next box. March should be spring.

      Delete
  2. I really like the wrap dress. I didn't have the greatest experience with stitchfix maybe I should try it again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was anxious about the first box, but it's a good start to give feedback.

      Delete
  3. Everyone loves Stich Fix!

    I actually like to shop. You'd think I'd have lots of time, not working, but I really don't. Especially since Bandit still has some separation anxiety (mild, thankfully) so I'm on the clock when I leave the house unless my husband is home.

    And I don't need an excuse to buy more clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like shopping, but I don't necessarily buy. I do impulse buy a lot, but I need to be better at building my wardrobe.

      Delete
  4. I do love faux wrap dresses! I wear them to work all the time. So comfy and easy to wear in spring, fall, or winter! I just bought a blazer today. I actually want to start wearing them more often. I have a hard time finding ones that don't make me feel boxed in. The one I got is cotton and stretchy. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my problem, I feel boxed in and feel like I can't really move. It's too formal a lot of times.

      Delete
  5. I love that wrap dress! My first SF box was pretty good--I didn't love anything I got but I did love the fit of the pants and jeans I received. Stay tuned for #2...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the pants and decided to add it to my collection. I don't want to have boring clothes.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you got some good stuff! I have done 2 orders and had some pretty good success with both. Im excited to do another one but I think I need to wait a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing the every other month shipment. That should be good for my budget, but also fun enough to keep things.

      Delete
  7. I have never gotten stitch fix because I get to wear yoga pants to work...yay! But if I ever end up getting another job and I have to dress up maybe I would try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous! We do have the whole scale of business casual at my job, but I do wish I could get away with yoga pants.

      Delete
  8. Oh Allie is too cute in the box...cats love their boxes, don't they?

    I've seen Stitch Fix but haven't signed up yet....you got some nice options! Definitely a nice way to spice up the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely loves boxes. When I get deliveries, she also has fun.

      Delete
  9. Fun!! I haven't tried stitch fix but would love to one day. Love that wrap dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that one would fit well since they usually do, and I can start adding some spring/summer gear.

      Delete