Thursday, January 12, 2017

3 Things Thursday

I've gotten my required training done and I have access to the financial system at work!  The downside is some roles aren't set yet, so I'm missing data, but this is progress.  Now I have two classroom sessions, which I'll count as training towards my certification.  I'm getting training hours in early, so score!  Sometimes training for a new job has its perks.  Once I can actually start using the system, I'll know what questions to ask, and start getting familiar with everything.  I hate not being helpful, but I'm not up to speed yet.

I did learn I'll probably have to shelf my ambition of running the Star Wars light side 10k for a bit.  Since I'm in financial reporting now, January is a big month of reporting, including a sub-group of grants that need to be done by mid-January.  That means MLK weekend, same as the Light Side.  Womp womp.  At least I know that ahead of time and can plan around that.  RnR Vegas anybody?  That sounds like fun, and November should be quiet enough for vacation.


To go along with work, I've signed up for Stitch Fix.  I opted to get my first shipment in a couple weeks, but I'm in a clothing rut and need inspiration.  Hopefully Stitch Fix will help with that since I don't like anything I see in stores.  I'm a gym rat at heart, and am incredibly picky about what I wear, so shopping for work clothes can be painful.  I like shopping for a number of things, but work clothes are tricky.  Maybe I should've gone into fitness so I could wear yoga pants all the time.  That would solve so much.

6 comments:

  1. Glad things are working out at work!
    Hey if you end up doing RnR Vegas in November let me know, I'm just a short drive down the road, I'd love to come and cheer or who knows maybe the budget will allow me to run, LOL
    I hear ya on the yoga pants, I could either wear those or comfy jeans like every day of the year, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga pants would be awesome! I have a pair that looks like black slacks but are so comfortable.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you think about Stitch Fix! I've heard great things but just haven't had the guts to pull the trigger on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested now, but it's comforting to know I can cancel. I'm so picky, but I want to at least try it out.

      Delete
  3. I am excited to read a Stitch Fix post! Will you write about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm excited to see what they send me.

      Delete