Thursday, January 26, 2017

3 Things Thursday 1/26

As I start getting in my running groove in Boulder, there are some things that are brand new to me.  I mentioned how thin the air is up here, but my body didn't want to slow down.  That definitely made me feel out of shape.  I had to use my inhaler twice when I got back, but that was also from the crisp cold air.  The air wasn't so crisp in Dallas.  But here's a side effect of that thin, crisp, dry (very dry) air.  I need body glide.  I'm chafing in places that never chafed before.  I thought something was happening with my Oiselle bra when I took out the pads (because I'm not used to having a bust when I run.. or at all), and I started chafing.  That bra had never bothered me before, so was it that I removed the pads?  Then my other bras and shirts started chafing and I realized on Monday, it's so dry up here.  Unless I want to run with a humidifier, I need to get body glide.


Tuesday was my birthday, and while I again didn't get any running gear, I'm set on team spirit.  Fridays are quite casual at work, even more casual than normal since it's Boulder, and I see quite a few people wearing Buffs gear.  Even before I knew I could wear Buffs gear on Fridays, I put long-sleeve shirts on my birthday list because eventually, I'm going to lose the ability to wear my long-sleeve race shirts.  I do want to make my race shirts into a quilt, but I'm still waiting to get a few more.  I received a Buffs shirt, and a Red Wings shirt.  Since this is definitely long-sleeve weather, I'm set for lounging and spirit wear.


And yesterday (Wednesday) was my pet-iversary.  3 years ago on Jan. 25th, I brought Allie home.  She's added so much to my life.  I donate to Frisco Humane as much as I can since they did so much for her.  She's such a cutie-pie, but she's also frisky at times, goofy at times, and quite a snuggler.  She even greets me when I get home.  If my parents are here and get home from work before me, she looks at them, basically saying "you're not my human."  I'm definitely hers.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and yay for a pet-iversary! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still had to work on both days. Allie got to sleep on her pet-iversary.

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a happy birthday! Isn't it amazing how much pets enrich our lives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's added so much! When she's not there, it's creepy quiet.

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday AND Happy Petiversary!!! Allie is a baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4.5 years old, and full of energy. It's fun to watch her zoom around, then zonk for hours.

      Delete