Thursday, December 29, 2016

Up and Running

Thanks for bearing with me as I get my life going in Boulder.  I started my job yesterday (!), and finally got on the treadmill after more than two weeks of no cardio.  I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would, but my knee was a little cranky.  My Rock Tape is in a box with the movers, so I won't get that until my stuff is delivered.  I did 2.25 miles yesterday, with intervals, and I'll slowly build back up to the 4 miles I was doing before the move.  I have been trying to be good with strength training, but even that has been a little sporadic.  The holidays usually aren't this scattered, but then, I usually don't move to a different state.

I knew the Boulder Creek path was close to my new building, but I didn't know how close.  As in, the back of the parking lot close.  I certainly see myself taking advantage of that in the summer.  I'll bring clothes to change into after work, lock everything in my car, and do my run at the end of the day.  I'll definitely be using it on the weekends.

One thing I'm in the market for now is a running jacket.  My mom gave me hers from Boston, and I think that'll give me some time to look for one.  Maybe I could have some good luck and find a good jacket on sale in the spring.  If skiers can find good deals in the after-season sales, maybe runners can too.  There are a few places I can check, once I know what the weather pattern is here.  I've been told spring brings the big snowstorms, not winter.  I'll have to get through the coming spring to see what I'm up against versus Mother Nature.

10 comments:

  1. Good luck! I had a lot of luck with post-Christmas sales for winter gear last year. I think I remember Under Armour having a really good sale in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll look to see what sales are going on right now. At least I have my mom's jacket, which fits pretty well. That'll give me time because I'll be picky.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully you'll find a jacket that you like during the end of year sales. I found a couple of great pieces at the UA outlet the day after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to see if there are any outlets around here. There was a UA outlet in Dallas, but I have no idea where they are here.

      Delete
  3. I ran on the Boulder Creek path while we were there this past summer. It was BEAUTIFUL! You are so fortunate to be so close to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to take advantage of it. After Dallas has very minimal options, I'm excited about Boulder.

      Delete
  4. Love that the path is so close to you! It sounds beautiful, too!! Hope your new job is going well! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you too! I'm headed back to the mountains, but I'll get to explore Boulder next weekend.

      Delete
  5. I loved visiting Boulder last summer for the Skirt Sports retreat and hope to make it out again this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a running town. I can't wait till after New Year's to use the running paths.

      Delete