Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday Musings 12/5

First up, being a Disney nerd, happy birthday Walt Disney!


The theme of this weekend was packing.  The weather was gray, rainy, and basically dreary, the perfect weather for doing stuff inside.  How about packing?  I decided it was time to tackle as much of the kitchen as I could.  I bought 5 more boxes and packed them all with kitchen stuff.  It's always difficult to know how much the kitchen is going to take, but I've packed almost everything I'm taking and I have room to spare.  I still need to use a couple pots, but those will be packed next weekend, and the boxes will be sealed.  I'll be tackling my closet next weekend.

Since the weather was going to be dreary, I decided to do my run on Friday instead of Saturday.  I banged out 3.5 miles, playing around with intervals, and I was able to be a little lazy Saturday morning.  It's tough to get up and go when it's cold and wet, and I treated myself a little bit by lounging in bed before eating breakfast.  I got errands done, did some packing, then watched some Dr. Who, wrapping up Rory and Amy's time on the show.  If anyone here is a Dr. Who fan, did you cry when they left?  Maybe it's the emotion of moving, but I started bawling.  It was the first time I saw their last episodes, and I couldn't stop the tears.


I'm also going through my Christmas movies.  Wednesday was Elf, and Sunday was the Santa Clause.  As I pack up the rest of my DVDs, my Christmas collection will remain available so I can watch as many as possible.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

18 comments:

  1. Doctor Who fan here! I did cry, it was really sad for the doctor, he really love them! But I still don't understand why he couldn't go visit them, once he knew where and when they ended up. I guess the actors were done?

    I cried harder when he lost Rose, I was a crying mess that day.


    We love watching Elf and Santa Clause, my son's favorite right now is Home Alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more shocked with Amy and Rory, but watching the special feature, it looked like the actors were ready to move on. But, no!

      Delete
  2. Whew this weather is CRAY CRAY! I'm sure the same rain bands that passed through where you are also passed through here - non stop since Friday night! Glad you were able to pack up the kitchen! Have a great rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was off and on raining, but clouds through today. It hasn't been sunny once since Friday.

      Delete
  3. It was dreary here this past weekend too. I love Christmas movies! My favorites are Home Alone and While You Were Sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom has While You Were Sleeping, so we'll watch that one when I get up there.

      Delete
  4. I'm a Dr. Who fan as well and that episode was so sad! I definitely missed Rory and Amy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't help that I don't like Clara. Knowing she's next made it really difficult.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday, Walt Disney!!! You are so organized with your packing, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of. My mom reminded me I have 10 days, and I had a mini freak-out. I knew it would happen and here it is.

      Delete
  6. Great job on getting so much packing done!
    Your what I really should have done while I packed up for my move. Want to know something that will make you cringe, I literally packed everything up the day before I moved, LOL Yup, I left it to the last minute as terrible as that sounds, LOL LOL Maybe I'll be better in a couple of years when I move back!
    Enjoy the Christmas movies, I could watch the Hallmark channel non stop this time of year, LOL But I do love those classics, which I didn't bring my DVD collection with me so when I go back north in a few weeks I am looking foward to catching some of my fav's too like White Chrismtmas, It's a Wonderful life.... can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some classics, my parents have the others. It's fun to watch them when we're together before Christmas.

      Delete
  7. Ahhh Disney is fresh on my mind since I was there over the Thanksgiving holiday. Isn't it amazing how many boxes it really takes to pack up everything! Thanks for linking with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boxes upon boxes! And I still need more :-p

      Delete
  8. I hate packing!!! But I love ELF!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went the longest time without seeing Elf, and now I watch it every year.

      Delete
  9. My husband and I traditionally watch Christmas Vacation and recite our favorite lines. It's silly and fun. But, there are so many great Christmas movies to pick from! The kitchen is always the worst packing, so at least you have that out of the way. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I had to set a day and say no cooking after that. It made packing easier and less stressful.

      Delete