Sunday, December 25, 2016

Monday Musings 12/26

I hope y'all don't mind my brief hiatus after arriving in Colorado.  I've had the whole week off, and I begin my new job on Wednesday.  It's been quite nice because I realized my last actual vacation was in May when I went to Disneyland.  I took days off here and there, but they were staycations.  Mostly I've been sleeping and resting, with strength training thrown in.  I haven't down cardio in two weeks, and I'm itching to get back to it.  The apartment complex has a fitness room, so I'll hit the treadmill a little bit on Tuesday when I get to Boulder.   My parents' house is at higher altitude than Boulder, and I"m no longer huffing and puffing moving around the house.


I hope everyone had a good Christmas and/or Hanukkah.  I got some good loot, and gift cards.  I've already ordered a new water bottle, this time from Tervis, that I can use when I'm on the treadmill, and at Pure Barre.  Boulder is very environmentally conscience, but I was looking at this water bottle for a while.  I misplaced my last good water bottle, and I'm hoping I don't do that this time around.

Saturday was a very low key Christmas Eve day, and my parents and I saw Rogue One.  If I hadn't had my big move, I would've seen it opening weekend, like I did with the Force Awakens last year.  I liked the movie very much, and I geeked out a little bit at certain parts.

Allie's been adjusting very well, and the three cats are co-existing.  After the second full day of being enclosed in the guest suite, she had enough and bolted for the rest of the house.  The boys weren't sure what to make of her at first, and there was some hissing and grumbling, but no growling and no hitting.  Christmas morning, Allie and Hathaway booped noses a couple times before she had enough.  Lots of progress.  She's found the 3-level cat condo and she's loving the top level, which just so happens to be Hathaway's favorite spot.  He's not sure what to do.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

15 comments:

  1. I bet you are looking forward to exploring your new surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. The first weird is strange because of Christmas and New Year's, but after that I'll get exploring.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your new place is working out good for everyone. How exciting a new job? I wish you well and hope you make friends very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so relieved when I got the offer. My first day is tomorrow and I'm both nervous and excited.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're all ship shape in Colorado and the furry kids are getting along for the most part. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're getting better every day. The beta male just wants to eat all of Allie's food.

      Delete
  4. Ah, multiple cats (that get along) really can be so much fun. Usually they work out a sort of a time share.

    Training at altitude can make you stronger! But it definitely takes some getting used to.

    We saw Rogue One yesterday. Hubby doesn't like crowds -- although it was a good thing I insisted we get there early, like usual -- at first he was grumbling because no one was there, but it filled up quickly!

    I was a bit underwhelmed with it actually (loved the Force Awakens -- so sad about Carrie Fisher) but he liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Rogue One, but I loved The Force Awakens. I watched A New Hope yesterday, then saw the news today :(

      Delete
  5. We went to the movies yesterday for the first time in months to see Passengers. I had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised! It sounds like you are settling in nicely. Good luck as you start your new job! Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally see movies in the theater, but not only have I seen 3 since November, I also want to see Hidden Figures.

      Delete
  6. I think in a few more weeks your going to really love that elevation advantage. It makes a huge difference in training. And if you ever travel for a race you'll find you have a huge advantage in it. You'll run races and feel like your lungs nevrr did have to push all that hard.
    Congrats in starting the new job. I'm excited for you and this new adventure! !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in Boulder is a little easier than the mountains. I want to get on the treadmill today and test my cardio.

      Delete
  7. It sounds like these are going well with the move, I hope you enjoy your first day at the new job! We just got kittens last week and my sister was over for Xmas and brought her cat...we had some interesting moments, thankfully no cat fights! I saw Rogue One and liked it but I think I was too confused most of the movie...I'm still pretty new to the fandom lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had more talkative moments, but no hitting. Allie did raise her paw a couple times, when another got too close, which caused them to back up. But no hitting.

      Delete