Sunday, December 11, 2016

Monday Musings 12/12

My last weekend in Texas :(  I got choked up at the grocery store today, knowing this was my last grocery run before I move.  Then the tears came when I was making lunch because my kitchen cupboards are bare.  Packing is my normal, and I did more of that this weekend.  I am running out of room to put the boxes without them being in the way.


Saturday I probably did my last run until after the move.  I wanted to build beyond 4 miles, but I could feel twinging coming on, so I wrapped it up at 4.  I'm not sure why twinging started since I've been diligent with my strength training, but 4 miles is good, and I have plenty of time to build up to 6.2 for May.  It's a good time to focus on strength training for the week because I can still do that.  I've packed my running gear in one of my suitcases, so I'll have all of it when I get to Colorado.

I did have some fun on Saturday, at a '90s birthday party.  One of my friends turned 30 during the week, and she declared the theme.  We dressed up and had an NSYNC birthday cake, and the snacks was food we all ate in elementary school/middle school.  I have to admit I didn't eat the snacks because it was all sugar.  I was reminded that even though my childhood was great, there are some things that should stay in the '90s.  I can't believe I used to eat all that junk.

And the winning costume was the guy dressed as Doug's Quail Man.

Sunday I definitely focused on strength training.  Since I had moving prep to still do, I did exercises here and there and around my schedule.  I ended up doing a lot, so we'll see how I feel tomorrow.  I'll keep it up every day this week.



Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

20 comments:

  1. Aw I am sorry you got sad experiencing some of the "lasts". No matter how exciting it is to start a new chapter, it still can be sad t on leave the old behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I am excited, and I know I will come back to visit, but it still isn't easy.

      Delete
  2. Moving is tough, no doubt it's one of those big "lifetime stress" things. Will you get a chance to go back and visit sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Luckily the flight is short, and I'll visit outside of the summer months.

      Delete
  3. Quail man? No idea.

    Believe me, I cried before we left TX, too. And I'm not a cryer.

    Good vibes for a smooth move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from the Nickelodeon show Doug. I never really watched it, but it was popular.

      Delete
  4. But...Colorado? I'm sure it's hard to leave the familiar for the unknown. But life is an adventure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying I'm ready for my next adventure.

      Delete
  5. I agree it gets emotional closing any chapter in our lives, even when we are looking forward to the next one. I can barely remember the 90s. Were we still rocking big, bad hair? LOL. Good luck with your move. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think big hair was early '90s as a carryover from the '80s. There are some things that can stay in the '90s.

      Delete
  6. NSYNC and Doug! How CUTE! I love the party idea!! I completely understand the emotions - it's tough. Have a great last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was my childhood! My friend was dressed as the Pink Power Ranger.

      Delete
  7. It can be so emotional to get ready to move! Hope you have a good last week there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it'll hit me hard once I'm on my way. I'm so focused on making sure everything is packed.

      Delete
  8. What a fun party theme!
    I can totally understand the sentimental feelings of leaving a place. Soon you will have all new memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 years is a long time, and I have a lot of good memories here.

      Delete
  9. Where one door closes another open. I hoping you find lots of things to be happy about in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's the getting there that's taken over my life. Once the movers get here, I'll be happy.

      Delete
  10. Feelings, ya I get that! Just before I moved this summer I remember some of the same, both when I'd go running or hiking or camping thinking it was going to be a few years before I saw those trails again, good memories. But you are off to make many more, and you're going to love Colorado!
    I've had so much fun since I moved exploring new trails or ones I haven't been on in years, you're going to have all sorts of that and in your case who knows taking up skiing or boarding! Snowshoeing is totally fun too, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done snowshoeing, and I don't fall as much as I did when I took a snowboarding lesson. I hear skiing is easier than snowboarding, so I'll find out.

      Delete