Thursday, December 8, 2016

Busy Work

What's a person to do when she's within two weeks of leaving, and transitioning things to other people?  Learn the lyrics to Moana!  I've printed off the lyrics, and am listen to the songs while reading the lyrics at lunch.  Then the songs play in my head, no matter what I'm doing.  If I get stuck, I look at the print-outs.  I'm accomplishing a lot y'all!  Even before I fall asleep, the words are on playback.  I've got "We Know the Way" and "You're Welcome" down, I'm learning "Where You Are," and all versions of "How Far I'll Go."  Next will be "Shiny."


I've been filling out my holiday cards too.  Even with everything going on, and all the packing, I'm still in the holiday spirit.  I've been using my downtime at work, and I think I've gotten them all.   It's a strange feeling to still be working, but slowly phasing things on.  I'm not sure what to do, so I'm bringing in projects to fill the time.  I don't do well with a lot of free time and need to stay busy.

I also feel accomplished because I finished my online Christmas shopping!  I have a couple gift cards to get once I get to Colorado, but a big part of shopping is complete!  Yes!  I was feeling behind, but now I'm feeling good.  I love online shopping because there's no standing in line, hoping I'm in time to get a gift there by Christmas.  Voila!

I had a mini freak out with packing on Tuesday (thanks Mother!).  Tuesday marked 10 days until the move, and holy crap!  I usually freak out with something like this, and was waiting for it.  I've gotten the big stuff, like the kitchen, but there's still more things to pack and more clutter to go through.  Yeesh!


And Tuesday night's Christmas viewing was Charlie Brown :)

6 comments:

  1. Aw we listened to Linus and Lucy in music class yesterday. :) Great piece! I did not start holiday cards yet, but they have been arriving in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Linus and Lucy. Charlie Brown is a classic.

      Delete
  2. Moving really sucks. So what made you decide to move to CO? It's actually one of the states I've considered retiring to, but I'm not sure I could convince my husband, because of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be closer to family, and CU is a great place to take my career to the next level.

      Delete
  3. Oh that Moana song is so amazing, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love We Know the Way, but You're Welcome is going to end up on a running list.

      Delete