Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years?

Ok, got that out of the way.  That's the one question I HATED getting while interviewing in college.  How can I even predict that??

First 5k.  Apprehensive?
Today's topic is how have I changed since I started blogging.  Interesting.  I've gone through a name change, since I read it's best to not limit the audience with the title.  I didn't want to write all about running, especially when I was sidelined for so long.  That's when the name change occurred.  I couldn't write about running, so I needed a new title.

I don't want to run all the races.  Well, I do, but I know I can't.  I know people who race all the time.  That's just not for me.  I've certainly become more aware of what I can do, and how to challenge myself.  That persistent IT band can go suck it, but it does win a battle here and there.


I've joined link-ups and expanded my reading list.  I learned about Oiselle and Pure Barre, and other things I tried but didn't stick to.  My blog is still very much like a diary, but one I love people to read.  There are topics I keep under wraps, and won't write about.  Politics and my job, for starters.  I'll write about what I do, but no specifics.

I also got Allie after I started my blog.

Before I had a blog, I had the guts to make a major change in my life when I wasn't happy with the status quo.  I'm doing it again.  But I hope through blogging and running, the transition will be smoother than last time.  I actually joined Instagram, and really started using Twitter, even though I've had the account since 2009.  Look at me, all social savvy (hahaha!).


Blogging is still fun, and is still an outlet.  I don't see the blog going anywhere since I still want to write posts each week.  I want to read what others have written.  And a whole new state will bring new adventures to write about :)


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia

8 comments:

  1. Love the positivity here! I look forward to your new adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm scared, but excited too.

      Delete
  2. Ooh yeah that is a tough question. Back in the day I was the one asking it and really all I was looking for was that the person had the desire to grow and progress. You'd be amazed how many candidates would give me a blank stare and say they had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question throws people. Maybe it's not worded the best. Now I know what they're looking for, I talk in broad terms.

      Delete
  3. That was by far the worst interview question ever. Because seriously, how can you predict that?!

    I love your blog! Can't wait to follow your adventure to a new state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It'll be an adjustment period, but I'll be writing my way through it.

      Delete
  4. It's fun to look back and see how much things have changed over the years! I love reading old blog posts just to see how far I've come! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly been writing more, and once I made the name change, writing on more topics.

      Delete