Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thinking Out Loud 11/3

I got new shoes!  I went after work on Tuesday (payday) and actually called ahead before leaving work to make sure the store had the shoes in my size.  While I normally wear 10.5 in shoes, the Brooks Ravenna runs big.  At least this year's does.  I needed to make sure they had a 10 in stock, otherwise I would've gone home instead.  New shoes makes me happy!


Aren't they pretty?  They are definitely new because the soles are incredibly grippy, and as I was wearing them at work yesterday, to get my feet adjusted to them, I kept tripping on the carpet.  The good news is though they felt quite springy on the treadmill.  My New Balance shoes still have a bit of padding, but the spring in the Brooks was fun to play with.

*****

I'll runfess here, my run in the new shoes was 2.5 miles, and I ran to my Christmas playlist.  I'm done with not having a fall.  I want it to feel festive, and let's just throw Thanksgiving out the window.  I know the ski resorts in Colorado would love to have snow, and I'd actually like to feel fall temps for real.  Christmas list it is!


*****

If y'all follow my blog page on Facebook, you'll have seen this article I posted yesterday.  I missed the reports last week, but Rita Jeptoo not only has had her drug suspension extended to 4 years, the CAS has also erased all her results, starting April 17th.  Boston 2014 was April 21, so her first place and course record will be gone.  Buzunesh Deba will now be the first place finisher, and her course time will be the record.

I don't want this to turn into a rant, but I'm angrier because Boston was my town for 12 years, and 2014 was the city taking back its marathon after the 2013 bombings.  For Jeptoo to cheat her way to first place that year makes my blood boil.  Her cheating anyway makes me angry, but for Boston 2014?  Unforgivable.

*****

To end on a happy note, anyone else's pet or pets help them recover after a workout?  If my butt hits the sofa, even to take off my shoes, Allie wants to snuggle.  I had planned to do strength training after my run yesterday, but that had to be put off until later last night.



Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

4 comments:

  1. The new shoes are pretty! One of my cats loves it when I work out. He comes and starts licking me :) He's pretty gross. He also loves to investigate when I start doing yoga and get in the way. So not much helping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll do that too, and I'll let her only for a few seconds, because she'd do it all day.

      Delete
  2. This makes me want to rush home to get some furry snuggs in! Ridley was all up in my grill today while doing yoga.
    And on the Jeptoo thing... yeah. Best not get started with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie doesn't help me with yoga, but she has helped me foam roll.

      Delete