Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Running Shoes

Today's Tuesday topic is deals and discounts for the holiday season.  I'm not an ambassador, and I have no codes for gear or races.  If I do shop for runners, I get them gift cards because they know what they like, and they can have fun spending the gift card.  I know I did when my parents did exactly that for my birthday.  I had SO much fun getting my Tinkerbell outfit together.


What I will talk about is shoes.  I seem to be overloading on shoes at the moment.  I have 4 pairs of running shoes in my closet, which is the most I've ever had in one go.  I have two pairs of old shoes, one current pair, and one future pair.  I lucked out getting my Ravennas on sale, so I opted for another pair of New Balance 860s.  I posted last week when they came, and they are beautiful.  They're the color scheme I wish my LRS had, but they didn't.  Now that I know what I need in shoes, I'll wait to get fitted, then look at the color schemes the company has that year.  I used to shop just for colors.

No wonder I had so many issues with my legs and feet in high school and college.



Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia

14 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a bunch of running shoes on-hand, I always seem to be in some awkward transition phase of needing my next pair. I've been wearing the Mizuno Wave Rider 19's for the past month (bought them on sale since the 20's are out) and looking forward to going back to Adidas Supernova Glides now that marathon training is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going to get the second NB shoes except the Ravennas were marked down nicely. I know that means the 9's are coming soon.

      Delete
  2. Nice, I wish I had 4 pair to rotate!
    I always try to keep at least 2, but I love it better when I have 3.
    So much easier on the shoes and they last so much longer rotating them and not breaking them down day after day so the fibers can recover.
    hmmmm maybe for christmas I'll get a 3rd, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my issue. I use one pair until they're done, then go on to the next ones. It's why I've started stocking up when the models go on sale.

      Delete
  3. I rotate so many shoes. It helps stave off injury plus if you can find them as last season's color or style, they're infinitely cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. The Ravennas were marked down the day I got them, so sweet! I hadn't planned on that but great timing.

      Delete
  4. There is no such thing as too many pairs of running shoes!!! At one point I think I was rotating seven pairs at my max. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never have this many, but the older shoes are now more my every day shoes, except I don't wear them every day.

      Delete
  5. I used to pick out shoes based on color too! Crazy to think we never paid attention to if they were actually good for our feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still go by color, but I wait until after I've been fitted. I'll buy the pair at the store, then see what's available online and watch for sales.

      Delete
  6. I do like those colors of the shoes. I have never ran in New Balance shoes. I have gotten the same color pair of shoes several times because they were the only ones available. But I prefer switching it up if I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first year I wore New Balance. The 860s were said to be quite similar to what I wore in ASICS before those changed.

      Delete
  7. I think I have 9 pairs of running shoes right now, including a pair that hasn't been worn yet. Yes, I know I have a problem... I only run in one brand and two styles, so I'm pretty stuck with whatever comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got fitted for a couple brands in the summer, so I tried one, now the other one. If I have choices now, I'll have more pairs ready to go.

      Delete