Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Running Goals

Today's TOTR topic is winter cross-training, but my cross-training has been Pure Barre, and I've talked about it a little bit on my blog.  I don't quite know what else this winter will bring since I'll be in Boulder by that time.  I could take some ski lessons, but I'll see what my schedule looks like once I get up there.  My parents' apartment building has a great fitness room, so at least I'll be using that for cardio while I get settled.  I don't have to join a gym, and I honestly don't know if I will.  I'm enjoying doing things on my own and not going to a gym each day.  I mean, I'm gaining muscle and strength doing the at-home exercises, so it's gotta be working, right?


I actually set a running goal last month, to keep running consistently around the 3-mile mark, and I felt I was did that pretty well.  My mileage even went up too, since I started tracking it in September.  September mileage was 20.74, and October mileage was 24.87.  I know, not round numbers, but nothing I can do there :-p  Once I get new shoes, I want to keep running consistently, maybe a little higher than 3 miles, but I'd like my November mileage to keep increasing too.  I won't pick anything crazy since I still need to strength train, but I'd like to find a good balance between consistent running and consistent strength training.

Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia

6 comments:

  1. I think it's very smart to keep a consistent balance between running and strength training. Out of curiousity, how do you end up with the non-round numbers in your running? Do you have a certain path that you follow which is naturally a non-rounded distance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those happened when I went for time instead of distance. If I want to do 30 minutes, I do 30 minutes, and get a non-round mileage.

      Delete
  2. I used to ski all the time when I was in school. I haven't done it for many years and now I am kind of scared to try it again. Have to save these marathon legs:) but Boulder is the prime area for that. It is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did snowboarding once and did nothing but fall. I'm told skiing is easier.

      Delete
  3. I grew up in New York and have never done any winter snow sport ever! The closest is ice skating but I don't think that counts. I think if I tried now I would most definitely hurt myself. I hope you enjoy trying new things this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent years in Wisconsin and Boston, and no winter sports. I did try ice skating twice, but gave up.

      Delete