Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday Musings 11/21

Happy Thanksgiving week y'all!  I have 2.5 days of work this week, then it's the holiday!  My brain was definitely on holiday mode this morning because my head was not with me when I was getting ready for work.  I forgot my tea (thankfully I keep a stash at work), and I forgot to put away my phone charger.  Allie loves to chew cords, and I accidentally left it on the kitchen counter instead of putting it in the appliance drawer.  I'm hoping beyond hope she won't get on the counters when I'm at work today, and that cord will be OK when I get home.  Otherwise I'm stopping by the mall tomorrow before heading home.  Oops.  Of course, I realized all this halfway through my commute and couldn't do anything about it.
First red cup of the season :)
I planned for this week to be a pull back week after successfully completing 4 miles last weekend, but it was more recovery than I thought.  I don't know what I did, but I strained the top of my left foot, I think on Wednesday, so I took a rest day, then two strength only days before running yesterday.  I stayed on the treadmill in case I needed to stop, but my foot held up OK.  I hadn't planned on 3 consecutive days of no running, but I didn't want to make my foot worse.  It could've been OK, but I didn't want to take the chance.

Yesterday was also a movie day after my run.  I met up with a couple friends to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  I enjoyed the movie, but I have a stronger connection to the Harry Potter stories.  It's still a fun movie, and a different perspective of the magical world.  I thought of Newt Scamander as Hagrid before there was a Hagrid.  Kicked out of Hogwarts and fascinated with magical creatures.  Just completely human, no Giant heritage like Hagrid.


Then I watched Lilo and Stitch during and after dinner.  Just fun stuff to watch.  I am debating whether to see Moana this week.  It looks fun too, with songs written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

12 comments:

  1. Hopefully that's the end of your foot strain!
    Happy thanksgiving and safe travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I still don't know what I did.

      Delete
  2. Oh man hope your foot is better and the cord is still safe when you get home! Love love love lilo and stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Allie was good and didn't go on the counter. I was able to charge my phone :)

      Delete
  3. I had a rough morning this morning too...I wasnt feeling well and forgot my wallet and had to go back home for it. Glad this is a short week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! At least my tea and phone cord wasn't important. I would've gone back if I forgot my wallet.

      Delete
  4. Im glad your foot is doing ok! I love LILO and Stitch and I'm definitely looking forward to Moana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I haven't decided when to see it though. Maybe Friday when everyone is out shopping.

      Delete
  5. I've strained that tendon on the top of my foot. Heck, I feel like I've had it all, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. My feet are going through a phase, so I have to be good to them. That strain had me going into a panic.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad it is a short week. I'm glad you foot was OK after resting it a couple of days! I hope to catch a movie over the holiday weekend, but I don't know which one yet. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought my ticket to see Moana this weekend. can't wait to see it :)

      Delete