Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday Musings 11/14

Monday huh?   I feel like I just left work.  I had a very lazy weekend this time around, with a little running and a little packing.  The decorations are now down, and the walls look bare.  It's weird to see nothing on the walls in my peripheral vision, and I'm doing double takes because I'm so used to seeing stuff up.  I also packed some clothes I knew I could pack away.  Even with the still fluctuating temperatures, I knew it was safe to pack some things in my closet.  Every little bit helps.


I woke up to temps in the 50s Saturday morning, and got outside for my run.  Right now I don't have much in the way of goals distance-wise, so I keep going as long as I'm feeling good.  I knocked off 4 miles in neighborhood, which felt fantastic.  I know I did 4 miles earlier, but that was on the treadmill.  It's good to know I can do that outside too.  Less than 4 miles was my threshold for knee pain in March and April, so another sign I'm getting stronger.

It's hard to stay awake after a run when I have a sleeping cat on me.  It's contagious.


The rest of the weekend was binging on the Big Bang Theory season 9, then having fun watching Dr. Who.  My favorite doctor is Matt Smith, and the best combo is with Amy and Rory.  I'm just said since Clara's next after those two.  I hadn't seen many Clara episodes with Peter Capaldi when I decided I didn't like her character.  Too bossy and know-it-all when she doesn't.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

10 comments:

  1. Cocoa likes to lay with me on the couch when I'm napping. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I can't sit on the couch without her being there with me.

      Delete
  2. Yay for 4 miles! I bet they feel so much better doing them outside then on the treadmill. I know I may have missed a few posts, but when do you make your move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more month. It's crazy how fast things are moving now.

      Delete
  3. It's nice not to have a running agenda sometimes.

    And Giz was quite put out that I didn't lay down midday today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that look. If I'm sitting for 5 minutes and have to say no, I get this look of "snuggle human!"

      Delete
  4. Great job getting in the 4 mile run outdoors! Im glad the weather has finally cooled down for you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's warming up again, but if it's still cool on Saturday mornings, I'll be outside.

      Delete
  5. Both of my dogs are on top of me if I sit in my chair to watch TV. Saturday football is a favorite time for them. It's great that you could run 4 miles outside without experiencing any knee pain. You are definitely stronger! Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything on TV is great for Allie, because she'll hunker down. Lazy weekends are her favorite.

      Delete