One more week and we will be beyond Thanksgiving. Wait, what? Seriously, I can't handle this year anymore. What are some of y'all's favorite Thanksgiving or Christmas food? I always love the desserts, but I have to be good and eat my dinner first ;-)
1) Here is the recipe for the pecan tassies I'm going to make. I have all the ingredients, all I have to do is make them. I'll start making the batches on Monday, and get two done for Thanksgiving. I also have ice cream.
2) Christmas Eve dinner is going to be tamales with Spanish rice. My dad's in charge of the wine for that one. My mom and I decided the dessert. Or maybe I decided on the dessert. I wanted to stay with the theme, and found this. I'm drooling simply thinking about it.
3) Our tradition for Christmas dinner is standing rib roast with oven-browned potatoes and dried corn. Dried corn is a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. I have Pennsylvania Dutch in my family tree, must explain why I love it so much.
4) Since I was on a potato kick a few years ago, I'll add my friends Jon and Brenda make this potato gratin dish for Thanksgiving, and I look forward to it every year.
5) Finally, a tradition that's not food. I put the tree up every Black Friday, and will do so again this year. I had the tree at work last year, and I need to see how Allie handles the tree this year. She's 2 years older, but she's still young. I need to make sure she'll behave around my parents' tree.
Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.