I played soccer from third grade through my senior year of high school, then lacrosse from 8th grade through my junior year of college. Since I did both sports in high school, I was pretty busy year round. Summer was getting ready for soccer, then soccer season, then winter was getting ready for lacrosse, then lacrosse. College was lacrosse year round until my senior year. So what do I wish I had the opportunity for?
1) Fencing. Such an elegant sport. I keep thinking to the Princess Bride, or the light saber duels. Or maybe Zorro. All staged by the same fencing master, Bob Anderson.
2) Hockey. I'm a huge fan, but I never learned to skate. Just as well. My friends in high school had to deal with 4 and 5am practices regularly.
3) Dancing. This one has so many categories, but dancing. I did dance and gymnastics at the Y before starting soccer. I'm so not flexible anymore. But I'm having fun watching the Rockettes on Youtube since I got my cousins and Godmother since I got them tickets to see the Rockettes for their birthdays. They're in NYC this year at the beginning of December.
4) Skiing. I have my chance at learning to ski when I move to Colorado. I've never been a winter sport person, but Colorado's different. Nothing seems to stop them, even a blizzard - well, temporarily at least.
5) Archery. the Olympics makes archery look cool. I made sure to watch the competitions this time around, just like 2012. Archery seemed really popular in 2012, between the Hunger Games and Brave. I even took a couple classes.
Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.