Thursday, November 10, 2016

3 Things Thursday

Is the blogosphere doing OK, now that we've had a day to process the election?  Since I don't talk politics, I won't mention it, but know I'm also processing what happened.

*****

On to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I have a Friendsgiving every year, and the past couple years I've brought the same thing.  Pecan tassies by Martha Stewart.  This came about a couple years ago when we were trying to decide what to have for dessert.  I don't like pumpkin anything, and a friend doesn't like apple pie, but we still wanted to stay with the Thanksgiving theme.  Pecans it was, and I found this recipe in my Martha Stewart cookie book.  I'll be making a triple batch because a couple families are hosting hockey players.  And those boys can eat.


And can y'all believe Thanksgiving is in exactly 2 weeks?  We hit Halloween and bam! holiday season.

*****

Holiday cups are here!  I'm not a coffee drinker, and it's still not cold here.  It was 51 when I woke up this morning so it's a start.  But I love seeing the designs, and I'll get a hot chocolate every now and then.  I even have an ornament from a few years past.  According to the article, there are 13 designs this year, 11 of which will be available in the US.  I like "Evergreen Forest", "Love and Joy," and "Poinsettia."

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. I look at the calendar and think of all the lessons I have to get through at school and think there is not enough time..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't felt like fall, so this has snuck up on me. Two weeks, and it'll officially be the Christmas season.

      Delete
  2. Those pecan tassies sound delicious! I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I haven't met a Martha Stewart recipe I haven't liked yet.

      Delete
  3. I think I have had those tassies. They are so good! It does NOT feel like Thanksgiving is close. I hope you are doing okay. Google Leslie Knope's letter to America. It will help *a little*. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I taste test the tassies to make sure they're good ;-)

      Delete