Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ready for Fall

Please tell me fall is coming.  I don't need winter, just fall.  Fall is coming?  We're getting rain this morning because of a cold front, and I so hope cooler temps are on the way.  At least tomorrow morning and Saturday morning are looking good with lows in the high 40s.  I may have to switch up my Pure Barre class on Saturday for one on Sunday, just so I can run outside Saturday morning.  This meme has been making the rounds, and it's so true.  To quote a friend "I have hoodies I would like to wear!!"


I did my run inside on Monday because it was 94 when I got home after work.  How is that even right, let alone fair?

I did a little retail therapy yesterday and ordered another shirt from Oiselle.  I also thought about buying a pair of Brooks Ravenna, but I'll wait a little bit until I do that.  I've now had my New Balances since July, and while they're still going strong, I would like another pair of shoes in the rotation.  Since the New Balance 860s and Brooks Ravennas felt practically the same, it's time I tried the Ravennas.  I hope I can log more miles outside now, and since I'm trying to be more consistent around 3 miles or so, I'll be increasing the amount of miles I do each week.


Or not.  I had this plan to run yesterday when I got home from work, but I ended up passing out for about 40 minutes.  I very rarely nap when I get home after work, but I needed to yesterday.  Combine that nap and my usual 7-ish hours of sleep, and I should be well rested today.  Should be, but driving in the pitch dark, in the rain, with flashes of lightning isn't the way to help me wake up in the morning.  I need the sun, but we don't fall back until after Halloween.

Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.

8 comments:

  1. I hope cooler temps come your way soon!
    Every day when I wake up I say I am going to take a nap wen I get home from work, but I never do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely do, but I know I needed it. I sat down to watch TV and unwind, and fell asleep!

      Delete
  2. Yikes to the 94 degrees on Monday! That doesn't sound right in October :) Sounds like you really needed that nap. I don't generally nap after work but there are some days when it's just needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't be right in October. We keep getting these teases of cooler weather, then it warms right up again.

      Delete
  3. Yowza. That's toasty. It's been warm here as well. I think we have cooler temps heading here soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have great temps so I ran outside yesterday. It was back in the 50s this morning and I really want it to stay this time.

      Delete
  4. 94 degrees?! Dang!! Fall is back in full effect here, hopefully you'll get some cool weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got better, but last Monday was hot. I couldn't believe it.

      Delete