Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday Musings 10/31

Happy Halloween y'all!  Even though it doesn't feel like it here in Dallas :(  I do hope north Texas kids didn't choose hot costumes, because they'll be sweating.


This week was a good milestone since I completed my virtual run.  The rest of my cardio workouts were low key to let my legs recover.  In fact, I only ran twice this week and then biked yesterday.  I went to Pure Barre on Saturday because they advertised spooky tunes for all of Saturday's classes, so I switched up my weekend schedule.  The outside of my knee has felt bruised since Friday, and since I was also sore from Saturday's class, I decided to bike yesterday to still get some cardio in.  I think I also need new shoes, so I'll focus on strength training until I can get to my LRS.  My right arch was sore Friday and Saturday, and sometimes that an indication that I need to replace my shoes.  Thankfully pay day is tomorrow.


I also got some workout goodies in the mail.  I did some retail therapy two weeks ago, and the goodies arrived Thursday and Saturday.  The Oiselle tank is for both running and strength training, and I tested it out on my 2-mile run on Thursday.  I figured 2 miles was good to test it out, and get my legs going after Tuesday's 4 miles.  The Red Wings tank is strictly for strength training since it's not tech material.  I used to wear non-tech gear all the time, but runners are spoiled and I now have to have actual running gear.

The rest of the weekend consisted of this:


Lots of it.  She was quite demanding when she wanted to snuggle, and she wanted to snuggle a lot this weekend.  I didn't have much planned, so I obliged when I could.

Big shout out to those who ran this weekend.  I follow the MCM on Facebook, and the 10k is on my to do list.  I wish this was one that was on national TV, but I'll look at all the pictures on Instagram.

Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

23 comments:

  1. Aww... a weekend full of kitty snuggles sounds great! The Pure Barre class with the spooky toons sounds like a lot of run. And congrats on the virtual race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I only knew a couple songs, but my instructor was dressed up as Rainbow Bright.

      Delete
  2. I'm all about my tech gear! And yes, my feet are sore and that means time to switch to new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sore arches is new, but that is a good indication I need a new pair.

      Delete
  3. I hope your knee feels better soon! I also had some issues with my right foot...I know that when my calves are tight, it affects everything else so I'm trying to do a better job of stretching.

    I wish I had a cat so I could have some snuggle time!! Totally jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just feels bruised, and I'm about to use Rock Tape to get the circulation going to see if that helps. I don't know what I did.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of spooky tunes during a class! That sounds so festive! :) Glad you had a good weekend! Hope your knee feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were also festive last year around Christmas. It's just fun around the holidays.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on completing the virtual race! Hope you can get some new running shoes soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pay day, so sometime this week. New shoes are always fun.

      Delete
  7. Those are some cute new tanks!!!
    Halloween music is so fun, I could totally work out to the Monster Mash, LOL Makes me wish I was out running right now. I just thought it be weird being out running on the roads while the trick or treaters were out, LOL
    Have a great week!!!! Get lots more kitty snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do workout to Halloween music. Sadly, I have to put away the playlist until next year :-/

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on completing your virtual race and hurray for the fun of getting new shoes!!! A Pure Barre class themed for Halloween would be a blast. Great Red Wings tank, I'm inspired now to find a Blackhawks one for myself. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they exist. I know some pro teams have tech gear, but the Wings aren't on board yet (or NHL).

      Delete
  9. I used to wear all non-tech stuff for strength training. Now, not so much. Yay for new gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the tank is light and allows me to move. If it's not a good choice for strength, then it'll be a lounge shirt.

      Delete
  10. My feet are not hurting yet but I feel like I am due for some new running shoes sine I have been wearing them since the beginning of Spring. I used to always wear t shirts back in the day to run in, since then I have smartened up a bit and make sure it is tech material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had these since the beginning of July, but I use them for everything. I know I shouldn't, but I always do.

      Delete
  11. For me, that outside knee pain is caused by ITB. I know I can foam roll high on the leg (but not near the knee) to help alleviate the pain. It's always a good idea to replace shoes when anything starts to hurt. I can't believe it was 90 here yesterday on Halloween. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully it's not pain, just a bruised feeling. I did get new shoes so hopefully that'll go away.

      Delete
  12. How cool would it be if MCM was on tv? I love those tanks too! Not feeling like Halloween here either, I can't imagine how many people had to re-think their costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would watch if MCM was on TV. I watch whenever there is a marathon on TV.

      Delete