Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday Musings 10/3

Happy October y'all!  Sorry for the no-post on Friday.  I couldn't think of a good topic for Friday 5, and I didn't want to force it.  I was also tired since fall is here and the mornings are dark.  The caffeine had not kicked in yet and I wasn't feeling creative.


It may be fall, but it's still staying light enough for me to run outside after work.  Friday I ran 3.5 miles outside, and it was the first solid time I ran outside since Tink.  I was doing good with 2/1 intervals until about the last 2/3 of a mile, then I had to adjust to 1/1 due to my cardio and heavy legs.  I didn't have much left in my legs at 3.5, and by that point, I was back at my apartment building.  I was at 3.25 when I got to my complex, then ran through the roads for another .25 miles.  I don't think I could've done another .5 to get to 4 miles and wrap up my virtual run.  I'll aim for 4 at a different time.  Now that I can get outside, I need to sharpen my cardio and get my legs used to the terrain again.

Saturday was Pure Barre, errands, then a painting class.  I wanted something Halloween, so I painted this:


I also really like the musical and have been listening to the soundtrack.  It ties in to Halloween.  I started my Halloween viewing with an episode from the Big Bang Theory and the first Harry Potter, and should be getting Rocky Horror from Netflix tomorrow.  Yes, it's quite weird, but I really like the first part of the movie, with some good songs.  After that, I'll decide whether to keep watching.  Hence, it's a Netflix movie and not one I own.  I like weird things, but Rocky Horror is on its own.

Sunday was another great day for fall weather, and I met my cousin for lunch.  Our routine is to eat lunch, then do window shopping in the outdoor shopping complex.  It was so nice we even sat in the outdoor patio for lunch, and it felt great.  A little breeze, and shade on the patio.  I made sure to get something for leftovers since that means no cooking for one night during the week.  I'm in favor of those days, and include them with meal prep.


Stay tuned tomorrow for a big announcement tied in to TOTR.

Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

20 comments:

  1. I love the painting! And the kitty photo :) I think that captures how I felt most of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We spent time snuggling this weekend. She's such a snuggly cat and it's cooler so she wants attention.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to get in an outdoor run! Its nice that its still light out at a decent time in the evening, even though the mornings are dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never run in the mornings before work, and these dark mornings show why. Of course, when we fall back, afternoon daylight will be scarce.

      Delete
  3. The Phantom painting is awesome! I love the musical, too!

    Looking forward to your big announcement tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the songs, and love that the 25th anniversary concert has the entire play on the soundtrack. It'll be good for road trips.

      Delete
  4. Your painting is beautiful. It sounds like you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm getting better, but it's mostly fun to do something I don't normally do.

      Delete
  5. Love your painting! Cannot wait to hear the big announcement tomorrow! I suspect a bucket lister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In relation to a bucket lister I signed up for...

      Delete
  6. Your painting is awesome! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like going to the classes and unwinding, and I like that we can each do something different.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to your big announcement!
    The painting is awesome, how fun to take painting classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends and I have been going for a couple years now. Not all the time, but every so often we'll go for something fun and different.

      Delete
  8. I loved seeing Phatom of the Opera. Good call on the painting. Great job on the outdoor run! I've actually seen your announcement so I suspect next summer you will do more outdoor runs. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It actually cools off in the evening in Boulder.

      Delete
  9. Love the painting! I'm a huge Phantom of the Opera fan and have seen it on Broadway multiple times as well as on tour in four different cities...I'm not obsessed at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it once on Broadway, back in the late '90s. I can't remember who was in the cast though.

      Delete
  10. You painted that? Your so talented! I love it! Ok I'm curious I've got to go check out the TOTR post! Thanks for linking Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They help us with calk outlines, but this was the first time I tried shading. I needed it for the mask's features.

      Delete