Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Musings 10/24

Welcome to Monday.  I have my annual physical today and am currently fasting.  Yeah.  I have to fast every year for bloodwork, and of course, I'm one those who gets very cranky when I'm hungry.  It may turn into hangry.  They wanted me to subsist on water this morning but no.  I'm not following that rule since I need my caffeine.  I do think I've started getting caffeine headaches, so that's a no, I won't just stick with water.  If you take away my food, you will not take away my tea.


I made quite a bit of progress this weekend on watching Halloween movies.  I watched Hocus Pocus Friday evening, then got Coppola's Dracula on Netflix.  I'd never actually seen it from beginning to end, and only saw clips here and there.  I think the clips made it look scarier than it is.  I still have some movies to watch, and even though I set out to watch the Harry Potter movies and didn't quite get there, I also watched Prisoner of Azkaban. That's my favorite Harry Potter movie.  I love the re-imaging Alfonso Cuaron did when he became the director.


I had a good week of running too with 3.25 on Monday, 3.5 on Thursday, and 2.75 on Saturday.  I made it one of my current goals to be more consistently running around 3 miles or more if I'm feeling good.  This was the first week I was able to get 3 runs at the distance I wanted.  I pulled back a little on Saturday since the week's runs had been so good, and my legs did feel a little heavy.  I also ended up getting a massage on Sunday since my quads were feeling knotty, but the therapist spent the whole hour on my upper back.  I ended up having so much tension in my upper back and shoulders I didn't know was there.  It did make sense with everything going on right now, but I hadn't felt anything.  I hope releasing that tension will help release tension I felt in my lower back.  It hasn't been bad, but there are times it does feel tight.

I also nested a little this weekend.  Fall temps mean I can actually use the kitchen more, and I made chili on Saturday, and muffins Sunday morning.  It's fun to get more recipes out as it continues to feel like fall.  It was in the 50s Saturday morning when I ran, and I knew it was perfect to make my first batch of chili.  I don't put beans in my chili.  Not only is not chili, according to Texans, but I also don't eat a lot of beans.  I won't put it in if I'm making it for myself.  I got 3 meals out of it with leftovers, so cooking will be easy this week.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good running week! I hate the fasting for bloodwork thing too. I always try to schedule my appointment as early as possible in the morning to minimize the amount of time I have to wait to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one of the earliest appointments, but I still get cranky. I wake up before 6 each day, so that's till a couple hours to wait.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for getting in all your runs! It's such a great time of year to do so. I'm feeling nesty as well but haven't done a darn thing about it besides buying some fall-scented handsoap. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really use the kitchen that much in the summer, I'm itching to use it each fall.

      Delete
  3. Great job with your running last week! Yay for the cooler weather - I hope it sticks around for a little while! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I love fall when the mornings are crisp and the weekend mornings are perfect for running.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow this so reminds me I have not had chili yet, course it's really not been cold enough but I can't wait to make my first batch! I do like beans in mine the more the better I say. I don't however like big chunks of tomato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither do I. I get petite diced tomatoes when I make chili or other casseroles. The smaller the better.

      Delete
  5. I caught part of Hocus Pocus last Wednesday night while I was waiting for my sister to get in town and I hope it comes on again soon because I want to see the rest, LOL Love that one and the old Disney Watcher in the Woods, LOL I know I'm a dork but I like that one fortunately I own it so all I need now is time, LOL
    Have a great week, hope you got that caffeine after the physical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on Freeform now for the 13 Nights of Halloween. I'm sure it'll be on Halloween, which I may watch it again.

      Delete
  6. I have never seen Hocus Pocus! Maybe we will put it on our list for Halloween movies to watch this month.

    We watched Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban a few weeks ago! But I always get annoyed that it cuts off in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun movie, a little campy, but it's not really scary.

      Delete
  7. Great job in getting in your 3 runs this week. I'm glad the Texas weather has moderated. I love making chili. I put corn in mine, so I'm sure some people would consider it soup instead. When my boys were young, we were such fans of Harry Potter! I miss watching those movies. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't put corn in my chili, but a friend makes a southwest chili with corn and black beans. I'm not a fan of beans, but I'll eat her chili, no problem.

      Delete