Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday Musings 10/17

Sorry for the blogging disappearance last week y'all.  I had to jet off to Boulder at the last minute, which meant I was scrambling huge Tuesday afternoon.  Most importantly, I needed to make sure the vet could take Allie.  Poor girl really did NOT want to be taken from her home.  When I scooped her up to take her to the vet Wednesday morning, she turned to burrow into me, then clung to me with her front claws.  THEN she tried to push the carrier door open while I was trying to close the latch.  I felt like a horrible fur-mama.  I got back Friday and immediately went to pick up my girl and get her home.  We've had a lot of snuggles this weekend.  I owed her.


Since I was out of town, my workout routine got thrown a little bit, but I still did my best to remain active and get strength training done.  When I got to Boulder on Wednesday, I ended up walking around CU for most of the afternoon.  It's times like this I'd like a Fitbit to see how much walking I did do.  It was great to get out and walking since I'd been sitting on a plane, and flying makes me tense.  I just don't know how much walking I did.  Due to the walking, I'm not chalking Wednesday up as a rest day.  I was out and moving my legs, even if it wasn't running.  Thursday I did 2.75 miles on the treadmill, staying inside due to my ITB flare up on Sunday, and then when I got home Friday, I did more strength training.

Saturday became a full rest day.  I slept until 7:30, which meant I was exhausted after a whirlwind week, so I opted to let my body rest, even though my mind seemed hell-bent on running.  Gotta reel those horses in for a day and let me recover from everything.  Plus, as mentioned above, I owed Allie snuggles.  I'd say we achieved snuggle level on Saturday.  I took this picture as she was talking in her sleep, with her paws moving and her tail thumping.  I guess she was dreaming.


Sunday I finally got back into my routine, between Pure Barre, finishing up errands, and heading to the Allen Americans hockey game.  I skipped opening night and banner raising since that was Saturday, but I bought a ticket for yesterday since it was time to socialize. 


Oh, did anyone see the Rogue One trailer?  Even in Boulder, I caught it on social media.  My mom and I are planning to see it after the big opening weekend crowd disperses.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

18 comments:

  1. Aww... I hate taking the kitties to the vet because they hate it so much. I'm glad you got to make it up to her with cuddles :) And I am so excited for Rogue One!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I had to make it up to her. It was so last minute, she didn't know what was coming.

      Delete
  2. When I had a cat, trying to get her in the carrier was pure torture! I bet you guys had some great cuddle time. I think the FitBit is nice to have to keep accountable of your steps...I just wish they were better quality and didn't break all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturday was a rest day and snuggle day. I figured if I wasn't going to be running, I'd park myself on the couch for Allie.

      Delete
  3. Awww, poor Allie! Taking them to the vet can be a terrifying experience for them, understandably. Glad you were able to spend some quality time cuddling with her over the weekend. I've seen my cats dreaming, too, and have often wondered what they dream about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but she was dreaming. She was chattering, and her paws were moving, tail thumping. I figured it had to be good.

      Delete
  4. Glad you were able to take rest day on Saturday to recover! Nice job keeping up with your workouts even with the traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easier since I was staying with my parents. It is harder when I'm in a hotel, but I still try.

      Delete
  5. Fit bits are great! It is nice to just hold yourself accountable and see how far you really do walk throughout the days. Perhaps a Christmas idea? I'm sure Allie was happy to see you back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought of that for Christmas or my birthday. It wouldn't be for everyday, but steps on vacation would be fun to track, like at Disney when waiting in line.

      Delete
  6. I have not seen the Rouge one trailer, I'll have to check it out!
    Poor Allie, actually your a great fur mommy for taking care of her even if she really didn't want to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She knows how to make me feel guilty, and she's good at it too. Hopefully it's the last time she'll be boarded since my parents can look after her.

      Delete
  7. Aww pour kitty I have such a tender spot for when animals are sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully she's not sick, but I board her at the vet since I live in an apartment. It's easier to ask friends to look after a dog than a cat.

      Delete
  8. SO EXCITED ABOUT ROGUE 1. And my cat is not a fan of being taken anywhere. Period. She likes home and never wants to leave it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine feels the same way. Home is home, why do we have to leave it?

      Delete
  9. Travel just seems to wipe me out! It's completely understandable that you'd want to snuggle with Allie. I haven't seen the Rogue One trailer! When are you moving? Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flying wipes me out. I'm so tense about the flight, I never fully relax, so when I get to my destination, I'm exhausted.

      Delete