Thursday, October 6, 2016

Lots To Do

Now that I have Tuesday's announcement out of the way, I feel lighter, but very busy.  It kind of hit me all at once Tuesday afternoon what I have to get done between now and Dec. 16th, and I got rather overwhelmed.  Moving is no joke, even when I was moving a few miles down the road to a new apartment.  This time, I'm moving time zones (again), and there's lots to do.  I'm packing what I can, but I can't pack much yet since I still need a fully functioning apartment.


At least I don't have to figure out where to live.  I'll be living in my parents' apartment in Boulder, and I'll be on my own for the weekends.  If I need a break from Boulder, pack up the car and cat, and drive up to the mountains.  I hate that mountain pass, but I'm going to have to actually drive it one day.  Boston doesn't have mountains, and I certainly didn't grow up driving in them.  Flat, narrow cowpaths is what Boston's got, and Dallas certainly doesn't have mountains either.  It took landing in El Paso for a change over for me to realize Texas does have mountains, out there.  Certainly not east of El Paso.


Allie gets two stepbrothers, but the intro will be slow.  Neither of the boys is alpha, but it's still their turf and she'll be the newbie, and youngest of the 3.  Hudson will be 10 this month, Hathaway is 7, and she's 4.  Her foster mom said she got along great with the other foster cats, but she's been an only for the past 2.5+ years.  She has seen cats before though at the vet's office, and hasn't hissed.  She was nose to nose with one in her carrier, and she didn't hiss at all.  That one hissed at her, but she didn't say anything.  We have a cat whisperer too, and lots of space in the house.  I'm sure the boys will be glad to hand the reins over to someone else.  They don't have an alpha bone between them.

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you with packing up the house! I hate packing but love it at the same time because I get to get rid of all kind of things! Hope the cats do well with each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly packing, but it's hard to know what I can pack. I've already gotten rid of some things, so it does help go through junk.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with packing and introducing the cats! It sounds like she's been good with cats in the past so hopefully it goes smoothly. Having lots of room in the house will definitely help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys are friendly too, it's just, well, cats. Dogs sniff and are OK with everything. Cats are more picky.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the packing, the move and the cats! I've moved accross the country before and I didn't like it a bit. Hopefully this move will go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having pro movers will help too. When I moved to Texas, all I had was a car and my stuff. No furniture, no cat.

      Delete