Thursday, October 27, 2016

I Voted, It's Over

Thank goodness Texas has an early voting window before the election.  I voted Monday, and I'm done.  I don't have to listen anymore to the news, or even my friends banter back and forth.  I love the early voting period too since I don't have to battle the lines and times on Election Day.  I went by a location on my way home Monday and voted.  We're not assigned one voting precinct, at least in DFW, but we should be voting within our county for county elections.  Everything is electronic so they scan whatever ID we bring, load that info on a card, and we vote on a computer.  Voila!  The choices were awful but I still voted.


Speaking of the election, I managed to do the 4 miles for my Gone for a Run virtual run on Tuesday.  I was on the treadmill since it warmed up a little bit, and was a little humid, and I don't have a running belt.  Birthday idea?  I didn't get on the treadmill with the goal of knocking off those 4 miles, but my knee was feeling good, so I decided to push the mileage a little bit since I was on a flat machine.  I figured if my knee started twinging, between 3 and 4 miles, I'd walk the rest and complete the challenge.  The good news is I was able to keep with my intervals and get it done.  It felt good getting that number too.  Today's run will be a shorter, slower run to take it a little easier.


4 comments:

  1. Yay for voting! I voted a little over a week ago too. We have the mail in voting here, which was perfect since I never changed my info from my address 5 hours north.
    Great job on the run too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had planned on voting this weekend, but there's a place right on my way home. Got it over with.

      Delete
  2. I really miss early voting! Greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We didn't have early voting in MA, and I love it in Texas. Why do I have to vote on one day, if all that day is a deadline?

      Delete