Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Five: Tim Burton

We're almost to Halloween, and I'm almost through my stash of Halloween movies.  I haven't watched all on this list yet, but I've been saving them.


While looking for some fun Halloween clips yesterday, I found that they'd done live versions of Nightmare Before Christmas at the Hollywood Bowl last year.  How great would that have been to see?  I love Tim Burton movies, and here are my top 5.


1) Nightmare Before Christmas.  This was my first Tim Burton movie.  It's weird and different, and I love it :)

2) Sleepy Hollow.  My mom's not a fan of the movie, but it's got a great twist on the legend, and Burton even has a homage to Disney's animated version.

3) Beetlejuice.  The famous dinner scene is worth the whole movie.


4) Corpse Bride.  The title song hits later in the movie, but it's sung by none other than Danny Elfman.  It's also on my Halloween playlist.

5) Frankenweenie.  Burton turned his short story into a full stop-motion movie that hit theaters a few years ago.  I love that there are dogs in Nightmare, Corpse Bride, and Frankenweenie.  They're all adorable.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

12 comments:

  1. I need to see Sleepy Hollow! Maybe I'll find that one and watch it over the weekend! :) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on Free Form, but I recommend it without commercials :)

      Delete
  2. I still haven't seen Frankenweenie, it's on my list for this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cute. My favorite is still Nightmare, but Frankenweenie is cute.

      Delete
  3. Ohmygosh, out of all those I've only seen Beetlejuice. How is that possible?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've seen any of these! We are definitely more of the horror movie type over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't do horror movies since I won't sleep. The original Frankenstein freaked me out the first time I saw it.

      Delete
  5. I think the only one I have ever seen on your list is Beetlejuice and that has been many years. I have some catching up to do on Halloween movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These aren't the only one of Burton's, but they're my 5 picks.

      Delete
  6. I love the music in Tim Burton movies. It's usually Danny Elfman that does them, I think. I would say Pee Wees Big Adventure is my favorite Tim Burton movie! We watched that all the time growing up. Large Marge still scares me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Danny Elfman. Last Halloween PBS showed a concert where the orchestra played Elfman's scores, and I loved it.

      Delete