Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Five: Female Artists

Sorry, couldn't help it.  I don't normally talk politics as a rule, and I haven't watched any of the debates, but when I ran yesterday, I had to listen to my "girl power" playlist thanks to the Nasty Woman comment.  It has changed a bit since I posted the list last year, but it still makes me feel empowered.  I've done song lists for Friday Five before, but here are some of my favorite female artists.  I don't have all their songs, but I love when their songs do come up on my iPod.

1) Madonna

2) Stevie Nicks

3) Faith Hill

4) Carrie Underwood

5) Christina Aguilera

It's difficult to keep it to 5, but y'all do get a sense of what a wide range I have for music. 






I also couldn't help by think of this:


Has anyone here seen the First Wives Club?

Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

20 comments:

  1. Wooo! I bet you had a great girl power run! I never saw FWC but thanks to that video I totally get why Hill's suit reminded you of this! Maybe she did it on purpose? I wonder what she will wear if she wins and gives a victory speech? I feel like it may be white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It completely reminded me of the ending. And hey, Ivana has a cameo too.

      Delete
  2. Great idea to have a girl power playlist! I'm a huge fan of Stevie Nicks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep adding songs to it so it has changed from when I posted it.

      Delete
  3. I LOVED First Wives Club! #powertotheshe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to see it for a while and finally got it from Netflix. Bette Midler, Diane Keaton, and Goldie Hawn are great in this.

      Delete
  4. I love Madonna. When Vogue comes on my playlist while I run, I start singing aloud and doing the dance. I know people look at me funny. Good list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't dance but I do sing on occasion. If I'm the only one in the fitness room, fine, but I still sing if there's another person there.

      Delete
  5. I love your list. Especially the last 3, but I totttttally respect the first two (just not always my favorite for listening, but depends on the song).
    I think that Cher needs some props too ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, yes, and I have a Cher song. I don't like all songs by them, but they are great artists.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! How cool that we have a Friday Five 2.0! Great list and AMEN to Madonna and Stevie Nicks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy that we still have Friday Five. I love the link up.

      Delete
  7. I have one Faith Hill song on my playlist but none of the others. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for joining us for the link up Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few Faith Hill songs, but only one on this list.

      Delete
  8. That is an awesome list, but I would have to add Selena!

    I hope you had an awesome girl power run!!

    I saw the Firs Wives Club years ago! thanks for sharing the video. Now I want to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun movie, and the ending's great.

      Delete
  9. How fun! I cannot believe Madonna is almost 60! I remember discovering her when I was an undergrad at Marquette in the 80s. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I still listen to her songs.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Me too. I just added her to this list, and it was Like a Prayer.

      Delete