Friday, September 23, 2016

Struggle Bus

Anybody else struggling right now?  It's fall, but I live in Texas, so it's still in the 90s.  It is supposed to cool off starting this weekend, but they said that two weeks ago too.  It makes it difficult to plan meals for the week when I don't know what temps will be present.  I'm struggling because:


1) Shorter evenings - I've noticed since August the evenings are getting shorter, which eventually make me want to hibernate.  Bears have the right idea.  Sleep through winter.

2) Darker mornings - I've arriving at work when it's still dark out.  During the summer, the sun would be rising, and I'd be awake with it.  This morning I rolled over to go back to sleep and 10 seconds later my alarm went off.  WHAT?!  The dark mornings are throwing me off.

3) Still waiting for some shows - while I'm very happy to have Big Bang Theory and NCIS New Orleans back, I'm still waiting on two shows to start.  Elementary starts Oct. 2, and Vikings starts Nov. 30.  Until then, only two shows, and I used to have more.


4) Summer meals or fall meals - I need a variety of dinners, and after a whole summer of summer dishes, I'm ready for a change.  As I mentioned, the weather isn't cooling off, so when can I get the soups, stews, chili, and casseroles out?  They make a lot of leftovers, which makes cooking easier during the week.

5) No races - since I only signed up for a virtual run, I don't have an organized race to look forward to.  I had two races planned last fall and they were something to be excited about, but it's weird this year since I have nothing.  I did do a spontaneous 5k on Saturday, and I've taken a rest week with mostly strength training.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  

12 comments:

  1. I kind of want another race on my calendar. Now that I've had a few, I have the itch for more! I hear you with the shorter days and darker mornings being a bit of a drag, but I did get to see a gorgeous sunrise the other morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like sunrises. When it's summer, I see the sunrise driving to work. Now it's barely light when I park.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way right now! If it's getting dark earlier and earlier why can't the temperatures drop already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bit depressed about the darker mornings too. It made it even harder to adjust back to east coast time after being in Hawaii! I actually slept until 9 last weekend which is the latest I have slept in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that felt great. I slept past 8 labor day weekend which was awesome!

      Delete
  4. It's 88 here today but I don't mind. I know running is harder in this heat but I'm not ready for winter! The two shows I'm looking forward to are The Middle and Younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not ready for winter either, but I actually want to take ski lessons over Christmas. Something fun to do in the snow.

      Delete
  5. I am not a fan of the shorter evenings. The long days are one of the many reasons why summer is my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shorter evenings are tough. When we fall back an hour, it'll be more tough. I sleep a lot in the winter.

      Delete
  6. I strongly dislike waking up to the darkness. I miss when the sun was up at 5:30am! Although, I am excited for the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun wasn't up that early here, but it was nice to start my commute and have the sun rising. That's always easier than darkness.

      Delete