Anybody else struggling right now? It's fall, but I live in Texas, so it's still in the 90s. It is supposed to cool off starting this weekend, but they said that two weeks ago too. It makes it difficult to plan meals for the week when I don't know what temps will be present. I'm struggling because:
1) Shorter evenings - I've noticed since August the evenings are getting shorter, which eventually make me want to hibernate. Bears have the right idea. Sleep through winter.
2) Darker mornings - I've arriving at work when it's still dark out. During the summer, the sun would be rising, and I'd be awake with it. This morning I rolled over to go back to sleep and 10 seconds later my alarm went off. WHAT?! The dark mornings are throwing me off.
3) Still waiting for some shows - while I'm very happy to have Big Bang Theory and NCIS New Orleans back, I'm still waiting on two shows to start. Elementary starts Oct. 2, and Vikings starts Nov. 30. Until then, only two shows, and I used to have more.
4) Summer meals or fall meals - I need a variety of dinners, and after a whole summer of summer dishes, I'm ready for a change. As I mentioned, the weather isn't cooling off, so when can I get the soups, stews, chili, and casseroles out? They make a lot of leftovers, which makes cooking easier during the week.
5) No races - since I only signed up for a virtual run, I don't have an organized race to look forward to. I had two races planned last fall and they were something to be excited about, but it's weird this year since I have nothing. I did do a spontaneous 5k on Saturday, and I've taken a rest week with mostly strength training.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!