Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday Musings 9/26

Happy Monday!  This past weekend was almost polar opposite from last weekend, which was good.  Last weekend was super busy, and this weekend was super lazy.  Next weekend will be busy again, but a fun busy, again.


First, Saturday I did a whole lot of nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  I didn't even run since I'd seen my dermatologist on Friday and she removed something from my arm.  Nothing to worry about, but it was a spot she wanted me to monitor back in January, and this time was a better safe than sorry approach.  Due to that, I had a small chunk removed, and I wanted to let that heal a little before I ran and sweated, and I would've sweated Saturday morning.  I woke up to 89% humidity, which is awful to run in, even inside.  I opted to skip it to let my arm heal, and I decided I wanted to run on Sunday (which wasn't any better).  The rest of the day looked like this:


We snuggled, a lot.  She followed me and demanded snuggling, so I obliged.

Saturday I was craving soup, and I had already been planning to make tortilla soup Sunday because of the cold front, but I wanted it Saturday.  It simmers on the stove for an hour, but my body still wanted soup.  OK, no sense in delaying it.  I think it was because my parents got snow in the Rockies, and I'm desperate for fall.

I don't know if y'all have seen it, but a new "game" is going around Facebook.  Choose 3 fictional characters to describe yourself.  I didn't intend on playing, but more friends started posting, so I decided to join in.  I chose Hermione Granger, Princess Anna, and Samwise Gamgee.  I'd actually written about Sam for my college application, so he had to be on the list of 3.

My Sweaty Band came too, and I'm very ready for Halloween.


Sunday, I did 2 miles on the treadmill, even though I really wanted to run outside.  The cold front started Saturday night, but it was 99% humidity when I wanted to run.  Inside then.  Good thing too since the sky opened up when I was finishing my first mile. I would've been outside in that!  I ended up getting soaked anyway when I finished up grocery shopping, but now that the cold front came in, maybe I'll be able to run outside next weekend.

Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

12 comments:

  1. Yay for a lazy weekend! Those are definitely needed at times. I enjoyed the three character game on Facebook too. I chose Anne of Green Gables, Paris Gellar from the Gilmore Girls, and Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going to play, but friends were posting so I was thinking about who I would choose.

      Delete
  2. Awww, there is nothing better than cat snuggles!!! Tortilla soup, yummmmmmmmm. Very cute Sweaty Band. I have seen a lot of the three fictional characters on FB, but have no idea what I'd pick for myself. I like your pick of Samwise Gamgee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tortilla soup is very yummy, and makes leftovers. Since this week is supposed to be much cooler, I love the leftovers.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's just nice to have a lazy wkend.That soup sounds very tasty! Never heard of that game. I don't need anything else to get sucked into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a post, choosing 3 fictional characters that describe you. I don't play FB games anymore because I have been sucked in to playing them.

      Delete
  4. Oooo that Sweaty Band is super cute! I'm all about the cute headwear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I! I hadn't ordered from them in a while but then they released new Halloween designs. Must order!

      Delete
  5. Lazy weekends are the best!
    I haven't had soup in the longest time, I think you just made me want to make soup soon! I just wish I could get some cooler temps to enjoy it more:)
    Have a great week Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the soup would be great with the cold front, and need more choices for dinners. Fall weather means more recipes.

      Delete
  6. I'm also desperate for Fall. What a cute Halloween headband! I was thrilled to see Autumn Squash soup back on the menu at Panera. It's all I want to eat now. I still don't want to cook soup though. It's too hot. I look forward to a lazy weekend very soon. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup is wonderful. I made tomato basil soup and had leftovers yesterday after some dental work.

      Delete