Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday Musings 9/19

Welcome to another weekend wrap-up.  After a very lazy weekend last week, this one was quite busy.  Thankfully Sunday was calmer, but Friday and Saturday were quite fun.


At the spur of the moment, I joined a couple friends and went to the Plano Children's Theater production of Les Miserables.  These kids are from middle schools and high schools in the area, and are all very good singers.  A couple people from our hockey group had a son playing Gavroche, and on a side note, he's met Ramin Karimloo, who's done various roles in Les Mis productions, including the 25th anniversary concert shown on PBS, AND he's also been the Phantom, including that 25th anniversary.  I enjoyed the production, and ended up doing my run Saturday morning to the music of Les Mis.  I've got the 10th anniversary concert soundtrack on my iPod and there are a lot of songs.  It's one of those where all the lines are sung... I can't even think of one line that's only spoken.

Saturday was another treadmill run.  It's the same story every September - I want summer to end, and it just doesn't want to.  It was another muggy morning, so treadmill it is.  I don't hate the treadmill because here, I gotta use it if I want to keep running in the hot months.  I felt so good when I reached 2.5 miles I continued on to see how I felt with each successive quarter-mile, and I finished out a 5k.  Not bad.  Only 0.9 to go to get to 4 miles for the virtual run I signed up for.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to do that outside by the time I work back up to 4 miles.


Saturday afternoon was a wine tasting hosted by someone in my soccer circle.  It was put together by I think a distributor in town, and we tasted 1 sparkling, 3 whites, 9 reds, and 1 moscato.  I'm not a fan of moscato but I tried it anyway.  Nope.  I ended up ordering 3 bottles, 1 white, 2 red, and research the vineyards.  The bottles are cheaper from the vineyards, but I'll enjoy the 3 I ordered regardless.  The best one of the tasting was a Syrah blend that might have gone down too easily.  The pitch person said Syrahs are actually best with steak, not Cabernets, which are good, but Syrahs are better.

My Tinkerbell Ornament came too.  I love all the little details Disney puts in their ornaments, and this one has a few.  The scene is from Tinkerbell in the sewing drawer, tangled up in the buttons and knick-knacks.


Sunday was a lazy afternoon, and now that it's Monday, new shows!  Big Bang Theory premiers tonight and tomorrow is NCIS New Orleans.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the Les Mis soundtrack! I haven't tried running to it but that's a good idea. I bet it would be motivating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love running to Broadway. Once I could accept running to slower songs, I could knock off a whole play during a training run.

      Delete
  2. Busy weekend! Thanks for the heads up about Big bang!!! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exciting that new shows are starting again. It may not feel like fall, but new shows means it's here.

      Delete
  3. What a fun week! Les Mis on the run, that's awesome! Is it that time of year when shows are coming back for the fall line up, awesome, now if I just can find time to watch a few, LOL I do love Big Bang, it's great fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand with college. I lost track of shows I liked when I started ugrad.

      Delete
  4. Your weekend sounds fun! Yes summer seems to be lingering, which is not great for running, but I guess it's better than the cold winter we have ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I'm looking forward to colder weather. I like layering, and I get hot when I run.

      Delete
  5. I love Les Mis!!! It's one of my favorite musicals! The wine tasting (of 14 wines!!!) sounds like it was a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Now, some of the wine ended up in the swill bucket. Those were a resounding NO!

      Delete
  6. I love Les Mis! I saw it on Broadway way back when I was in high school. Great job on your running! Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it on Broadway yet, but I love the songs, and have watched both the 10th and 25th anniversaries.

      Delete
  7. Don't even tell me that Les Mis is 25 years old! I remember going to see it when it first came around....

    I love this time of year--the lingering warmth is so wonderful. Of course, that's here in Chicago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and even older than 25 since that concert was a few years ago...

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend! I love good wine tasting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, and I learned about some new vineyards. I can't wait to get my order.

      Delete
  9. The hot weather has gotten old as well as the summer TV viewing. I'm glad to see some premieres on the schedule week. I buy ornaments when we travel and the Disney ones are always more special, I think. Looks like your running is going great! Thanks for linking, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle finding something to watch during the summer. That's when I really need Netflix.

      Delete
  10. Seeing productions like this are things I always enjoy but just don't go to often. I really have no reason for this! Oh gosh I have really forgot about Fall TV shows coming out, oh with good reason too, it's still Summer here! I love NCIS New Orleans cause I've been there so often! I'll look for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NCIS New Orleans is on Tuesdays, and the season premier should be online. It's the only NCIS I'm still watching.

      Delete