Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday Musings 9/12

This week is going to be getting back on track.  Between the long weekend, and Dad's visit, I got out of my routine.  Thursday I jumped right back in with a 30-minute run, strength training Friday, a 33-minute run Saturday, then Pure Barre yesterday.  It's not easy, and I am a little sore.  I think part of that is a new exercise my chiro gave me to get my back to loosen up.  I don't know what I did, but when I saw my chiro on Wednesday, both my low back and hip flexors were tight.  I wasn't stretching either so I'm getting everything back in my routine: running, strength, and stretch.


Since I'm still on the treadmill, I've been mixing up my intervals to make things interesting.  I'll do some 1/1 intervals, then 2/1 intervals, back to 1/1, then 2/1.  It mixes things up while I start to build again.  I did 2.5 miles a couple weeks ago, the first I hit that distance since Tink, and I did 2.5 again on Saturday.  I'm feeling good, and the Rock Tape on my knee helps too.  I know I shouldn't run all the time with the Rock Tape on, but my knee cap floats a little, so it's there to keep everything in check.  I actually need to order more soon... Amazon!!

I also did a little shopping this week.  I got a start on my Christmas shopping list for my cousin and her husband, so one down, a few more to go.  I have no idea what I'm going to get the others on my list, but those two are done!  I don't know if they read the blog so sorry, no pictures.  What I can give a picture of is the new Sweaty Band I bought.  They released their Halloween designs, and since I grew up with a black cat (and other cats, and currently own a cat), I had to get this one.


It reminds me of the French black cat poster.


The new book I ordered also arrived on Friday.  It's a mystery that was released in March, so I'm a little behind, but better late than never.  It's the latest book in the Mary Russell series by Laurie R King, and I've been saving it for my lunch break today.  I like to read, or relax, during my lunch break, before doing stretching and rolling out muscle knots.  Good thing I have an office.

Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

17 comments:

  1. Great job getting back to the routine! That's great that you've already started Christmas shopping. I can't believe it's already September, I should probably get on that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the gift idea, so why not start now? I usually start a little later, but fall birthdays are already taken care of.

      Delete
  2. My knees give me a little trouble sometimes on longer runs, I've wondered if using some kind of tape would help. And I can't believe it's time to think about Christmas shopping! I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rock Tape helps me. It's better than any knee sleeve and even if it's a mental reassurance, I'll take it.

      Delete
  3. Must be nice to foam roll and read a book during your lunch break. I would love an office job. I love sweaty bads. They have a great fit! I have a few old ones though that have gotten stretched out throughour the years so I need to get new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sweaty Bands too, but I haven't found a design I like. This one I had to get.

      Delete
  4. How cute is that sweaty band! I love it!! Glad you had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I ended up not running the Rangers 5K over Labor Day weekend - I went to my first spin class instead! Whew that was a tough workout!!

      Delete
    2. Spin can be fun, but tough. I used to do spin every once in a while for a good challenge.

      Delete
  5. I only run in Rocktape as needed (and yes, I order it via Amazon, too). I might go months without it, then a month with it. And I always use it for double digit runs, whether I'm feeling good or not.

    I'd love to get to the place where I never needed it, but I've had a few long runs where tightness has caught me by surprise so I don't want that to happen!

    Love Sweaty Bands. Love cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm paranoid about twinges and stuff, so it may be a mental game, but Rocktape it is! It has fun designs too.

      Delete
  6. Very cool about the poster find!
    Your definitely ahead of the game with Christmas shopping, way to go! Enjoy your new book when it gets to you! I just stopped at the library today to grab a couple of new ones to read between classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's good. I saved it to start yesterday, and I'm keeping it at work so I don't finishes it right away. I'm trying to make it last.

      Delete
  7. Christmas shopping? EEK. That stresses me out! I always say I'm going to start early. Never do. I'm glad to hear you are feeling well and are getting back on track. Doing intervals is a great way to mix it up. Cute headband! Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm really good, I already have gifts set, but I haven't done much thinking yet. I got this gift already because it seemed perfect.

      Delete
  8. I need to get my butt in gear for Christmas shopping. I wait until the last minute every year cause I just hate shopping period. Unless of course its for running stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I end up doing a lot of online shopping. I shop from my sofa, and the vendor handles the shipping.

      Delete