Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Five

I'm back!  My dad was in town until yesterday morning, so I opted to take a few rest days, not only from running, but from blogging as well.  A little break is always nice.  Since we ate out for dinner each day he was here, I have a ton of leftovers in the fridge.  No cooking for me for a few days :)  I also got a tank of gas out of him, thanks Dad!


This week has been rather random, between Dad's visit, and the 3-day weekend.  I get the 3-day weekend, work one day, vacation day, work two days, weekend.  Too bad this isn't every week.  Tuesday was a struggle getting back into work, so I have to say taking Wednesday off for a free day with Dad was great!  It's not easy getting back to work after actually sleeping in for 2 of the 3 days of the long weekend.  Sunday I even slept until 8!  That hasn't happened in a very long time.

I also found out this week I'm owed money from my chiropractor from the PT sessions I had in the spring.  Thank goodness these offices have people who understand the insurance part of things because I don't.  I was paying my copay, but they owe me money from that?  Ok!  I'm already thinking of getting another pair of running shoes, either another pair of the NB's I have, or going to get the Brooks Ravenna that also felt good the last time I was fitted.  Hmmm...  The NB's are on sale on their website and I can get a different color combo.

It may be September, but summer isn't ready to leave yet.  In fact, it feels worse in the mornings right now than it did in August.  I'm getting beaten down by the Texas summers, and each year is more difficult to deal with.  My parents keep saying how great and cool it is in Boulder.  Good thing we're separated by a computer or phone.  I'm already staring daggers at them.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!  


6 comments:

  1. Yay for a visit from your dad! It's still summer weather here too but i'll take it. I'm savoring it while I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to savor summer, but now I always want fall. It doesn't help that Starbucks has PSL already.

      Delete
  2. That is exciting your dad came to visit!
    Yeah I bet it takes a while for Texas to feel fall like, I ran a marathon in the winter there and it was great weather. Now that I live in the desert I get to have winters similar to yours minus the rain that I hear certain parts of Texas get a lot of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter can be great, but we can also get ice storms. It's always random, but when I have 70-degree days in January, it's quite nice.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome you got some quality time with your dad. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got free food and a free tank of gas!

      Delete