Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday Five: Apple Version

Can you believe I've seen Halloween candy in grocery stores already?  I have, and I couldn't believe my eyes.  I figure if stores want Christmas stuff up at the end of September, they have to get the Halloween candy going before Oct. 1.  We also know pumpkin season is upon us, so even though it's still in the 90s, with a heat index, Starbucks will be shoving pumpkin spiced lattes in our faces.  No thanks.  I'm an apple person, and apples are just as versatile.


Apple pie
Apple cider
Applesauce
Apple cider donuts
Apple spiced muffins

I feel like Bubba in Forest Gump: shrimp this, shrimp that.  I'm definitely apple this, and apple that during the fall.  Once I want to turn on my oven again, I'll be able to make these apple dishes.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 

10 comments:

  1. My town has an apple fest you'd love. We have apple trees in the neighborhood the deer come and stand on their hind legs to grab the apples. Its comical. I agree it's too early for pumpkin spice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too early! I can't get excited about fall yet when it's still in the 90s plus a heat index.

      Delete
  2. Many years ago I was a stylist for a large department store and we would but our Christmas trees up over labor day weekend. Can you believe that? Everyone wants to just push these holidays/seasons! Enjoy all your apple stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see Halloween stuff at Home Depot this weekend. I'm OK with that since it's the first one up.

      Delete
  3. The Halloween Store has already opened in an empty storefront here. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get one of those, but it seems to move to a new location each year. I've actually never been in one.

      Delete
  4. I cannot get over that it's already September! I love apple pie, so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, and while some friends are excited about fall, I'm here in Dallas thinking: fall? That'd be nice.

      Delete
  5. LOL September in AZ means low to mid 90s. ;) But I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those days, and it's still tough. I love fall so much but it doesn't feel like it. Still hot and muggy.

      Delete