Thursday, September 29, 2016

3 Things Thursday 9/29

OK, exactly when did it become late September?  The second half of this month has gotten away from me, and I'm baffled that it's almost October.  I got an email from my boss Tuesday after for our staff meeting on 10/5, and the only thing I could think of was "why are we planning that far in advance?"  Oops.  That's next week!  Saturday is October 1, but that does mean I can get my Halloween movies out.  I'm trying to decide which one to watch.


Did you know running helps the body process Novocaine?  I had minor dental work on Tuesday and stayed home, but still checked email.  The dentist told me it actually helps the body to flush out the Novocaine if you work out because it gets the metabolism going.  OK then.  I was going to run anyway at the end of the day, but the servers were actually down at work, so I worked out sooner than planned.  I don't know if it helped, but I had total feeling again by 2pm.

Finally, I'm in need of new books to read.  I'm hemming about buying Dan Brown's Inferno since I haven't read it, but I've read the other Robert Langdon books.  Two mystery series I read have changed tone and the last couple books each time weren't really mysteries.  Both authors gave us the "whodunit" perspective, which I don't like.  I feel like it unnecessarily pads the book, and since I need a break from those series, I don't have anything of interest being published until January.  I'm absolutely out of ideas.


Thinking Out Loud with Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I was debating about Inferno, too! Interesting to hear about running helping the body process Novocaine. Makes sense! Note to self if I ever have to have that kind of dental work in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make sense, but he was the first dentist I've had to tell me that.

      Delete